AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Valued Contributor
arquimodem
Message 1 of 5 (618 Views)
Accepted Solution

Losing saved profile settings, plot styles etc. (Revit 2008)

618 Views, 4 Replies
09-20-2012 04:49 AM

I have suddenly encountered a problem with loading the program, although I have used it for years, and haven't changed my settings.

It no longer loads in accordance with the profiles-settings I have saved and used for a long time. This is random (does not happen every time) and I do not know the reason but it is causing me a lot of stress almost every time I start up Autocad. I ose not only the profile but all plot-styles and plotter descriptions and have to re-direct these paths in the Options - Files window as well as reload the profile itself.

I tried a System Restore a few times, and that fixed the problem, but it happened again when I started up the next day.  I have now no more system restore options open to me.

I have Revit Architecture Suite 2008, Autocad 2008, Win XP.

I would be grateful for some advice please.  I apologise if I have posted this in the wrong place.

Hans

*Expert Elite*
LisaDrago
Message 2 of 5 (569 Views)

Re: Losing saved profile settings, plot styles etc. (Revit 2008)

09-25-2012 07:57 AM in reply to: arquimodem

This is for AutoCAD or Revit?

from your post it sounds like AutoCAD.

If so I will have them move this post to the AutoCAD 2008 discussion group.

Just let me know.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Valued Contributor
arquimodem
Message 3 of 5 (562 Views)

09-25-2012 08:35 AM in reply to: arquimodem

Hello and thank you very much indeed for your help.

It is Revit - Autocad 2008. As you suggested by my comments it is more Autocad.

However I had a lot of problems installing the AutoCad 2008 on my new computer and had to call in for some help. I was told by my dealer  that I had to register it as Revit Architectural suite otherwise I would not get the correct authorization code .......which was my problem.

So I posted here, but it seems that wasn't right. I'd be most grateful if you could point me in the right direction, or repost on my behalf.
Regards and thank you again

Hans

*Expert Elite*
LisaDrago
Message 4 of 5 (555 Views)

09-25-2012 08:41 AM in reply to: arquimodem

Okay - I will have it moved to the right board.

In the mean time - have you saved your profile and exported it with the changes you want?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Valued Contributor
arquimodem
Message 5 of 5 (536 Views)

09-25-2012 09:00 AM in reply to: LisaDrago

Hello again,

yes, I have exported my profile and have it hidden and saved all over the place.

There is no problem with the profile itself. It is only when I boot up that sometimes Autocad has reverted to some strange setup where my profile is not to be found, nor are my plotter configs and my plotstyles.

I do not keep this info in C:\documents and setting:\application data:\.......

but in another folder, and set the path accordingly.

But until such time as I re-import my profile I am in a special place where I do not belong. I can get it all back but it is a pain and I was hoping for some info as to why this is happening and if it is a "known" issue to everybody but myself.

Once again, thank you!

Hans

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube