AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Contributor
NORTHSHOREENGINEERING
Message 1 of 6 (500 Views)
Accepted Solution

Loading a Previous Versons of Autocad, 2007 on new computer

500 Views, 5 Replies
02-09-2012 09:21 AM

Our firm currently runs Autocad 2009. I took a previous disc of Autocad 2007 home (my company) to try to install on my new computer runniing Windows 7 to tinker with a home addition plan. It allowed the install, but only in limited use, with limited commands/function due to registration issue. Since this is an earlier version of Autocad I am attempting to install, is it or is it not permissible to install on another computer? I there a particular code needed to register and make use full  the full compliment of commands. Do I need to install a patch or SPack to get full functionality. Run in XP Mode? Please help. Thank You.

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 2 of 6 (497 Views)

Re: Loading a Previous Versons of Autocad, 2007 on new computer

02-09-2012 09:51 AM in reply to: NORTHSHOREENGINEERING

Why did it limited the commands/function due to registration issue? It will let you run for 30 days and that's it.

Is this license stand alone or network license makes a difference too.

If you try to activate it, the activation code will be send to your company's cad manager or whoever that bought the product.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 3 of 6 (492 Views)

02-09-2012 10:07 AM in reply to: NORTHSHOREENGINEERING

There is no limitation in an unregistered AutoCAD installation, 2007 or not: you have something else going on, like perhaps you forgot to take home your office's customized menu, custom folders, and custom profile setups and requirements too.

By the way, as far as I know you may violate your office's R2009's license by trying to authorize and use R2007: did you alone decide to take this software home, or did your CAD Manager/IT person sanction it? YOu both need to talk with your AutoCAD reseller about licensing/authorizing the R2007 seat.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Contributor
NORTHSHOREENGINEERING
Message 4 of 6 (486 Views)

02-09-2012 10:30 AM in reply to: NORTHSHOREENGINEERING

Its a stand-alone version, not a network one. Figured this wouldnt be an issue since we have already purchased, installed and registered the 2009 upgrade. We actually have up to 2011 or 2012 but are ready to delve into that yet.

I may have to contact re-seller and see if there is something they can do on their end in the way of new activation code to allow this or something.

Thank you.

Contributor
NORTHSHOREENGINEERING
Message 5 of 6 (483 Views)

02-09-2012 10:37 AM in reply to: pendean

The 2007 version, infact, was registered at one point, then we ugraded and have been running 2009 since then. I wasnt sure if an install of this older version is now forbidden fruit, per se.

As you suggested, I may have to contact my re-seller and see what he can suggest or if there is a permission code for allowing this install now.

We have been on subscription and have the recent upgrades to 2011 or 2012 (whatever its up to now), all bought and paid for, but have yet to install and register those as we have not seen the need at this point in our line of work to require the added enhancements offered by the newer versions. Old school, if you will.

I will give reseller a buzz and see what he has to offer in the way of acivating this older version for non-business use.

Thanks for you suggestions.

JW

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 6 of 6 (479 Views)

02-09-2012 12:31 PM in reply to: NORTHSHOREENGINEERING

Once you upgrade an old version, the old version's license gets transfered to the upgrade and you'll violate that upgrade license and subsequent future licenses by trying to authorize the odler one. I would be very surprised if your reseller said anything differently than any of my posts in this thread.

There are plenty of totally free AutoCAD look-alikes out there, why aren't you just using them instead? FREE is the best price for personal use, and you avoid the appearance of using company resources for personal goals.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube