AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Contributor
Appleroofing
Message 1 of 5 (720 Views)

Lines won't print in color

720 Views, 4 Replies
12-20-2012 06:24 AM

My lines won't print in color. I have done all the plot style manager changes. I need the lines red for change orders on a project. Please advise.

Thank you

Sean

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 5 (717 Views)

Re: Lines won't print in color

12-20-2012 06:31 AM in reply to: Appleroofing

Hi,

CTB/STB is one way to convert drawing colors to others, start to disable the usage of them and try again.

Next step is to look to the driver you use, maybe it's a b/w-printer or your have set any options within the driver to output the result in B/W or greyscale. For that, try to switch your driver to DWF- or PDF-plotting and try again

Next chance might be that you have viewports with layer-overrides, try to create a new layout with a new viewport, how's that plotting?

Let us know the results (and if possible, upload the drawing and describe which line should be plotted in red.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Contributor
Appleroofing
Message 3 of 5 (713 Views)

12-20-2012 07:00 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I tried those options, still nothing. They show red on the plot preview, but plot like a brownish. Any more ideas?

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 5 (709 Views)

12-20-2012 07:04 AM in reply to: Appleroofing

Hi,

>> They show red on the plot preview, but plot like a brownish

Ok, so you get color out? Your thread title says "won't print in color"!

So if it's a color a little bit different then you might have set a color-adjustment as option to your printer. In that case try to first create a PDF, compare the color when you see the PDF on screen to the printed PDF .... any difference?

Also: what happens if you start Excel, fill one cell red and print it, how does it look like on the paper?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Contributor
Appleroofing
Message 5 of 5 (706 Views)

12-20-2012 07:48 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you for the replies. I actually think it my printer, a technician is on the way.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube