AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Valued Contributor
Message 1 of 5 (313 Views)
Accepted Solution

Leader arrowhead help please

313 Views, 4 Replies
04-29-2011 02:12 PM

Hello again,

I am having a problem with arrowheads or more precisely, dots. I put in a multileader, changed the arrowhead to a dot. I used the larger dot, but resized it to 1/2 what ever the arrowhead is (in this case: a 3/16" leader head, is a 3/32" dot). I was working with the drawing, everything is fine, I went to lunch (didn't shut down the drawing), went back into the drawing, ALL dots are now 3/16" and look massive next to the little arrowheads. I save the drawing an average every 15 minutes. I didn't crash while at lunch, but, Every dot in the drawing (14 tabs) changed from 3/32" to 3/16" within a half hour. Any suggestions of something I changed, or something I need to changed? This is the third time I have had to corrrect all the dots in this drawing in the past two weeks.

HD

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 5 (258 Views)

Re: Leader arrowhead help please

05-02-2011 06:34 AM in reply to: HullDrafter

Annotative Mleaders by chance? did you change the scale?

Someone in your office playing a prank on you?

Nothing changes on it's own, unattended, and with no trace.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Valued Contributor
Message 3 of 5 (254 Views)

05-02-2011 08:25 AM in reply to: pendean

Yes, Annotative Mleaders. I have set mleader style to be arrowheads 3/16", in the drawing, I sometimes need a dot. I use the DOT and change size to 3/32" to look okay next to the arrowheads. Is this something I can correct easy or should I set up another mleader style for dots?

HD

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 5 (251 Views)

05-02-2011 10:39 AM in reply to: HullDrafter

The block most likely did not change back, you/someone changed the scale of the viewport (or model) for you to something else. Annotative scaled Mleaders resize text and arrowheads with scale changes.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Valued Contributor
Message 5 of 5 (249 Views)

05-02-2011 10:44 AM in reply to: HullDrafter

I wasn't sure that was possible, but at this time cannot argue against that. I solved my problem taking the easy way out. I create another mleader style with the word "DOT" in it, and changed those leaders with a dot to it. The style says that they are a dot and the proper size is 3/32". it seems to have done the trick.

Thank you for your assistance.

HD

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube