AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Distinguished Contributor
Message 1 of 4 (368 Views)

Layer States Manager does not retain layer states

368 Views, 3 Replies
10-22-2012 11:56 AM

Within the past week I notice that the Layer States Manager does not retain the specified layers in saved layer states.  For instance, I have a layer state called 0 PLOT, which selects all layers to be seen in a plot.  However, not when I select this state after having, say, isolated a few layers for editing, the routine states that I have returned to the 0 PLOT state, but the layers on the screen do not update, even after a regenall. 

What could be going on?

Many thanks.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 4 (365 Views)

Re: Layer States Manager does not retain layer states

10-22-2012 01:48 PM in reply to: mcloughlin

Post a screenshot of LAYERSTATE's pop-up, let's have a look at your choices: and are these layers by chance on an XREF?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Message 3 of 4 (361 Views)

Re: Layer States Manager does not retain layer states

10-22-2012 03:06 PM in reply to: pendean

No Xrefs were involved.  However, I tried the Oldest Trick, i.e., re-booting twice, and LO!  The thing's working again. 

Thanks for your time. 

Message 4 of 4 (359 Views)

Layer States Manager Does Not Retain Layer States

10-23-2012 06:53 AM in reply to: mcloughlin

Within the past week I notice that the Layer States Manager does not retain the specified layers in saved layer states.  For instance, I have a layer state called 0 PLOT, which selects all layers to be seen in a plot.  However, not when I select this state after having, say, isolated a few layers for editing, the routine states that I have returned to the 0 PLOT state, but the layers on the screen do not update, even after a regenall. 

At one point, I thought I'd solved the problem by re-starting the program several times, but now I realize that the condition remains.  When the layer state manager is activated, and a layer state chosen for "restore," the command line produces the response shown in the attached .jpg.

What could be going on?

Many thanks.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube