Did you mean: 

Layer Properties Manager

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
zeusqui
567 Views, 3 Replies

Layer Properties Manager

Running AutoCAD 2007 on Vista. Suddenly, clicking on layers property manager or typing Layer on command line results in a fatal exception and AutoCAD is forced to close. Help? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: zeusqui

Roll back Windows to a month or year everything worked and see if that helps.
And unplug anything you recently plugged into your PC.
Message 3 of 4
zeusqui
in reply to: pendean

Thank-you pendean. After literally 10 hours of attempting to restore Windows to a previous point only to have that be unsuccessful, un-installing updates one at a time, rebooting maybe 15 times, and reading the forums, I found one comment to try as a last resort. I added the autocad.exe program file to the Vista windows exceptions to the Windows firewall. I can now click on the layer properties manager and the window opens. I am even able to add new layers! I feel like such a clutz and dizzy from getting beat-up by Windows. I expect it was the malicious removal tool update that might have caused the issue in the first place. Thank-you for your incredibly prompt response! It does the heart good to know that you had an interest in my dilemma.

Message 4 of 4
dtcsurveys.dennis
in reply to: zeusqui

I am having the same problem.  Running 2007 on Windows 7 professional.  I have tried adding acad.exe to the windows firewall allowed programs with no luck.  Any help would be appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost