AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Valued Contributor
KPerison
Message 1 of 5 (269 Views)

How to get rid of the PURGE pop-up tool tip

269 Views, 4 Replies
07-09-2009 09:12 AM
How do I get that annoying pop-up tool tip from appearing every time I cursor inside the PURGE dialogue box? Very frustrating.
*none
Message 2 of 5 (268 Views)

Re: How to get rid of the PURGE pop-up tool tip

07-09-2009 11:31 AM in reply to: KPerison
KPerison wrote:
> How do I get that annoying pop-up tool tip from appearing every time I cursor inside the PURGE dialogue box? Very frustrating.
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
Good question; I await cogent answer(s).
matt_coffey
Message 3 of 5 (268 Views)

07-09-2009 11:46 AM in reply to: KPerison
Go to Options then on the Display tab uncheck the box next to Show Tool Tips. This will turn off the tool tips everywhere though. So if you want them on elsewhere don't uncheck this box.
Valued Contributor
KPerison
Message 4 of 5 (268 Views)

07-09-2009 11:57 AM in reply to: KPerison
Ya, I found that checkbox previously, but was hoping for some magical edit somewhere that only removed the purge tooltip. Thx.
lamensterms
Message 5 of 5 (133 Views)

07-10-2012 05:02 PM in reply to: KPerison

An interesting trick I found on 2010... if you disable the tooltips via the options dialogue, then re-enable them by setting the TOOLTIPS system variable to 1 (via command line)... it will enable your tooltips for toolbar icons but leave the tooltips disabled for the purge dialogue box (and maybe some others).

Good luck. 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube