Did you mean: 

Fatal Error Unhandled e06d7363h exception at fd17940dh

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
andrew
6943 Views, 3 Replies

Fatal Error Unhandled e06d7363h exception at fd17940dh

I have been getting this fatal error when using the "open" command.  From the pull down, using the icon or typing.  Doesn't matter.  It happens when AutoCAD is already open, and is ONLY the "Open" command.  Everything else in the File menu works fine.

I have looked around a bit and tried a few different things.  Setting the recent file history to 0.  Still happens.  Uninstalled and reinstalled .net and C++.  Then uninstalled both again and left them off for the time being.  Still happens.

I am currently looking into replacing a potentially faulty mfc80u.dll file, but it sound like that is at fault if the entire File menu is causing a crash, and I only have a problem with Open.  Would rather not spend the time if the .dll file isn't to blame.  I looks like there are several different versions in several different locations.

Any ideas???  It's killing me.

Thanks in advance!

BTW, running 2009.  Have one other workstation in office with 2009 with same problem and one '09 that works fine.  No problems with 2010.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: andrew

Have you tried a Reset of the User Settings?
Note: This will set things back to default and any customization will be lost.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13152797&linkID=9240617#
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
andrew
in reply to: Jay_B

That did it. Thanks!
Message 4 of 4
rse1075
in reply to: andrew

@Andrew wrote:
That did it. Thanks!

hi Andrew,

there are a few options to fix the fatal error issue.

can you tell me which one(s) fix your issue?

thanks,

-James

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost