AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

InnerwoodEngineer
Message 1 of 2 (662 Views)

Error 1606

662 Views, 1 Replies
11-27-2012 02:24 PM

Yes, yes, I know there are several threads out there already about this problem, but I have tried many solutions and not one has worked.

My situation is sort of this: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=9579121&linkID=9240617 except Windows 8 Pro.

I am setting up a computer under our company domain.  I installed 2008 as a local admin, which went smoothly.  However, the moment I login as a network user and attempt to use it, it says "Error 1324. The path My Pictures contains an invalid character."  The problem is that many of the user folders are on the fileserver, which the registry points to.  The network drive was mapped, and so I replaced it with N:\My Pictures and brought up an error that said the N drive was not acceptable.  

I changed it to %UserProfile%\My Pictures , no dice.  

Could it be that it doesn't like the "\\" in front of the network drive?

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
Icemanau
Message 2 of 2 (657 Views)

Re: Error 1606

11-27-2012 02:45 PM in reply to: InnerwoodEngineer

2008 has problems running on Win 7, I think you are the first to mention trying it on Win 8.

I got around a lot of the problems by running VirtualXP under Win 7 and installing ACAD 2008 within that.

Once VirtualXP is set up and running properly (including the network) then install ACAD 2008.

The only problem is you can't use the automatic virtulisation mode. If you do, you are limited to 16 bit 800x600 graphics.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube