Did you mean: 

DWG to PDF searchable

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Beloborod
4294 Views, 7 Replies

DWG to PDF searchable

I use Autocad 2009 and want to convert DWG to searchable pdf. I already converted successfully one collection of DWGs, but another collection converting result is nonsearchable pdfs. What I did? I changed shk font to ttf font, set "Font as text" feature and check width of font is equal 1. I did experiment additionally: inserted my own text in existing DWG and tried convert it to searchable PDF. Result is nonsearchable pdf. I attached my DWG. And I ask experts: please, what is wrong with this DWG?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Beloborod

Hi,

I'm not sure what happend with your drawing, but there seem to be a lot of problems in it's database, e.g. I run _AUDIT with AutoCAD 2014 and it found 812 errors!

The only thing I found to get it working was to use _COPYBASE and _PASTECLIP to copy the whole geometry into a new drawing, then the PDF created from that new drawing was searchable.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 8
pendean

Also ensure that you are using TTF fonts, not AutoCAD SHX stick fonts, and you have not STYLE assigned widths.
Message 4 of 8
Beloborod
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks everybody who answered!

Dear Alfred, your advice to do copy - paste works wonderful! But sometimes copy - paste doesn't work. It copies, but pastes nothing. I have not idea, why it happens.

Message 5 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> It copies, but pastes nothing

Well, there might be several reasons like

• blocks with the same names exist already in the destination drawing, but are different
  • frozen layers in the destination drawing
  • usage of a vertical application (like Civil3D, Architecture, Mechanical, ... or application that created proxies)
  • missing ZOOM EXTENTS after paste
  • ....and a lot more, if you search through this forum here you'll find a lot threads about such issue (and solutions in some cases too).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
    Message 6 of 8
    Beloborod

Dear experts!

Adventures with searchable PDFs are still goes on. Now I trying to plot dwg to searchable pdf for another type of equipment. But not successfully. I changed text styles from shx to ttf, did copy-paste to new blank drawing. But not searcheable pdf is result. I have no idea what can I do with my file else. File is attached here.

Message 7 of 8
    Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

in the uploaded drawing your styles are set to SHX, not TTF (DIN8.SHX and TXT.SHX)

And Width-Factor (which has to be 1.0) is set to 1.09.

After correcting that 2 settings the PDF is searchable.

2014-03-03 22-10-18.png

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
    Message 8 of 8
    Beloborod

Thank you, Alfred!

I saw witdh factor in "Text style" window, where it is equal 1.000. But width factor is in text properties also, where it is equal 1,09.

Beloborod

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost