AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

drfoltz
Message 1 of 4 (492 Views)

DIMLFAC

492 Views, 3 Replies
07-20-2011 03:30 PM

I've read all the posts on DIMLFAC. I've somehow have an DIMLFAC in an Dimension Style that is wrong. I change it manually by typing DIMLFAC and by using System Variable Editor. It shows changed but when I use Compare Dimension Styles or actually dim. with it it's not changed. What else would be holding it to this wrong setting which is only wrong vertically and not horizontally?

*Expert Elite*
Icemanau
Message 2 of 4 (488 Views)

Re: DIMLFAC

07-20-2011 03:40 PM in reply to: drfoltz

Could there be some text in the 'Text Override' position in the properties of the dimension.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman)

*Expert Elite*
azrdgldr
Message 3 of 4 (462 Views)

07-21-2011 04:20 AM in reply to: drfoltz

This is for the Measurement Scale under the Primary Units of your dimstyle.  HTH.

This is what the help says for that variable:

Measurement Scale

Defines measurement scale options as follows:

Scale Factor: Sets a scale factor for linear dimension measurements. AutoCAD multiplies the dimension measurement by the value entered here. For example, if you enter 2, AutoCAD displays a one-inch dimension as two inches. The value does not apply to angular dimensions and is not applied to rounding values or to plus or minus tolerance values. This value is stored in the DIMLFAC system variable.

Apply to Layout Dimensions Only: Applies the linear scale value only to dimensions created in layouts. This sets the length scale factor to reflect the zoom scale factor for objects in a model space viewport. When you select this option, the length scaling value is stored as a negative value in the DIMLFAC system variable.

*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 4 of 4 (454 Views)

07-21-2011 11:25 AM in reply to: drfoltz

Manually changing the sysvars associated with dimension styles creates a temporary override for the current style - it doesn't change the style setting itself.  Use the style editor dialog to directly alter the style in order for the change to stick.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube