AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

dave.odell
Message 1 of 11 (678 Views)

Crosshairs behind image

678 Views, 10 Replies
08-07-2008 10:42 AM
Hello all! Thanks in advance for your help. I am having a minor problem. I seem to recall having had this problem in the past but I don't recall how I fixed it. Here is the issue:

I am running 2009 (not that I think that matters since I had the problem several years ago). I have an image loaded as a .tiff and my crosshairs disappear behind the lines of image. Anyone know how to fix that?

Thanks!
*Paul
Message 2 of 11 (678 Views)

Re: Crosshairs behind image

08-07-2008 03:25 PM in reply to: dave.odell

It may be that the tiff image has imported
and promoted itself to be in front of everything.

Make the image live by clicking/selecting it then Tools > Draw order
> Send to back

OR

Make the image live by
clicking/selecting it then
Tools
> Draw Order > Send Under Object

MKUltra wrote:

Hello all!  Thanks in advance for your help.  I am having a minor problem.  I seem to recall having had this problem in the past but I don't recall how I fixed it.  Here is the issue:

I am running 2009 (not that I think that matters since I had the problem several years ago). I have an image loaded as a .tiff and my crosshairs disappear behind the lines of image. Anyone know how to fix that?

Thanks!

-- 
The content of this email (and any attachment/s) is/are confidential. It/They may also be legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.

This email (and any attachment/s) may not be used by any person/s that is/are not an original intended recipient, nor may it be copied or disclosed in any way to any person/s by any person/s that is/are not an original intended recipient.

If you have received this email and are not an original intended recipient, or by mistake please notify me by email, and then delete the email and any copies from your system.

Liability cannot be accepted for any damage to your computer caused by either virus or malware or any compromised data this email was scanned for all know virus, malware and spyware prior to dispatch and on its journey through the BT/Yahoo system

dave.odell
Message 3 of 11 (678 Views)

08-07-2008 03:28 PM in reply to: dave.odell
Draworder does not fix it. Tried that. It is behind text and lines, but the crosshairs disappear behind the image.
*Paul
Message 4 of 11 (678 Views)

08-07-2008 03:51 PM in reply to: dave.odell

Ok

Try selecting ALL the lines etc. that were drawn in by you/others and
try Tools> Bring Above Object select the Tiff as the reference object

MKUltra wrote:

Draworder does not fix it.  Tried that.  It is behind text and lines, but the crosshairs disappear behind the image.

-- 
The content of this email (and any attachment/s) is/are confidential. It/They may also be legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.

This email (and any attachment/s) may not be used by any person/s that is/are not an original intended recipient, nor may it be copied or disclosed in any way to any person/s by any person/s that is/are not an original intended recipient.

If you have received this email and are not an original intended recipient, or by mistake please notify me by email, and then delete the email and any copies from your system.

Liability cannot be accepted for any damage to your computer caused by either virus or malware or any compromised data this email was scanned for all know virus, malware and spyware prior to dispatch and on its journey through the BT/Yahoo system

dave.odell
Message 5 of 11 (678 Views)

08-07-2008 08:17 PM in reply to: dave.odell
It's not the lines or text that are behind the image "lines" (you know how a .tiff shows up in ACAD like it is made up of individual lines, not like a .jpg where it is one big blob of image). There is also a .jpg in this same file and the crosshairs are fine. I would like for "Draworder" to fix it, but it is not a simple matter of moving stuff in front of or behind other stuff. It's the crosshairs and pick cursor, not the AutoCAD entities themselves.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. It's not a major deal, just kind of annoying. Workaround is I reattach the image as a .jpg. No biggee...
Distinguished Contributor
ekubaskie
Message 6 of 11 (678 Views)

08-09-2008 05:33 PM in reply to: dave.odell
I can't speak for everyone here, but no - I DON'T know how a tiff shows up like individual lines...

Both are raster formats. A tiff image shows up like whatever the actual image is. Save a tiff image as jpeg using a paint-type program, insert both into a dwg - and they will look the same (assuming you didn't turn jpeg compression way up).

Is the tiff image too large to attach for us to check it out? And the dwg file?
MustangMax
Message 7 of 11 (678 Views)

08-10-2008 06:04 AM in reply to: dave.odell
A tif can have a transparent background...a jpg has a white background. I think that is what the OP meant by "individual lines".

But I've never had a tif hide the crosshairs.
ekubaskie
Message 8 of 11 (678 Views)

08-10-2008 07:35 PM in reply to: dave.odell
OK - a 1-bit tif can have a transparent background, anyway - and if the tiff in a scanned drawing, I can see that being misinterpreted as "individual lines" when actually it is just pixels in a line.

But I have never seen one hide the crosshairs, either, and I've used a heck of a lot of tiffs, and in different bit densities.

It's possible this could be a video driver issue.
mutancik
Message 9 of 11 (532 Views)

03-31-2011 05:04 AM in reply to: dave.odell

I have the same issue with my PNG raster. I'm not sure if it is a solution for you, but when I set up fade for my raster on 80% my crosshair is again visible.

Active Contributor
susanhunter1
Message 10 of 11 (526 Views)

03-31-2011 07:17 AM in reply to: dave.odell

If your crosshairs are set to white or a light color, you can't often see them when they are over an image. Try changing them to a color like blue or green and they reappear. They never were below the image: it is just that the resolution of your screen makes them difficult to see. I had the same thing happen to me last week and this solution worked. Hope this helps.

Susan H.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube