Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2009 Land Desktop Companion keeps getting a license error.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rkmin
7778 Views, 7 Replies

Civil 3D 2009 Land Desktop Companion keeps getting a license error.

We just got new workstations. Windows 7 64-bit and when we installed Civil 3D 2009 Land Desktop onto it, I get an error message which I have attached to this post.

I have already activated it after my initial install a few weeks ago and then occassionally, I get this message again. So I activate the product, I get an e-mail saying that my product has been updated each time. But now in the last couple of days, every time I open up Land Desktop, I get this message. Only thing I can think of is that we have 12 licenses in our office and every time I activated it, I must have used up a license without realizing it.

But I don't understand why I keep getting this message when I have already activated the product before? I never had this problem when we loaded Land Desktop 2009 on Windows XP 32-bit.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rkmin
in reply to: rkmin
Message 3 of 8
jhunterpc

I have the same issue, but the link you added to show how you fixed your issue is no longer available. So how did you fix it.. thanks..

Message 4 of 8
rkmin
in reply to: jhunterpc

There was a hotfix that you could download via that link. I don't know why they would take it down, but the name of the hotfix file is AdskBindHotfix.exe.

I tried attaching it to this post but I'm unable to. Hopefully you can google it and find it.

Message 5 of 8
jhunterpc

Thank you for the info..

Message 6 of 8
mohan.nova2i
in reply to: jhunterpc

same problem with me on windows 10  but no problem on windows 7. how???????

plz help us guys if u have the solution for this activation problem "Civil 3D 2009 Land Desktop 2009"

Message 7 of 8

Hi,

>> on windows 10

You know that Windows 10 was released much later then C3D/LDT Companion 2009. They (Autodesk) had no chance to test this product on Windows 10 or to develop it based in Windows 10.

>> plz help us

I would say, best (and most safe) you can do is to install Windows 7 and stay with Windows 7 as long as you use this product. Even if you get now a solution for your current version of Windows 10, every single update (Windows update, Office update, driver update) might break the system again and stop you from your work.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 8 of 8
pendean
in reply to: mohan.nova2i

>>>...same problem with me on windows 10 but no problem on windows 7. how?...<<<

Read this https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Windows-...

You can try this as a workaround https://www.groovypost.com/howto/run-old-software-windows-10-compatibility-mode/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost