AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

sjdonahue
Message 1 of 4 (244 Views)

Change Block Layer

244 Views, 3 Replies
07-23-2007 06:19 AM
I am a student working during the summer on CAD drawings and have a problem that I cannot figure out. We are trying to change all of our drawings to a new standard with all new layers. When I try to move a block to the new layer, it doesn't move. If you click on the block, it says it is on the new standard layer, but when you try to isolate the new layer, the block disappears. I imagine the problem stems from the block not being created on the 0 layer. Separate objects from different layers were just grabbed and placed in a block. NOTE: exploding is not an option because the text is changed. If someone has an idea or a lisp program for this, please let me know.
Distinguished Contributor
bigscubadude
Message 2 of 4 (244 Views)

Re: Change Block Layer

07-23-2007 06:41 AM in reply to: sjdonahue
block edit............... then make sure all blocks are redefined
sjdonahue21
Message 3 of 4 (244 Views)

07-23-2007 07:44 AM in reply to: sjdonahue
I am going to answer my own question. I have been looking for a solution to this for weeks, and I have finally found one. The option in the reply would have taken me forever to do. This is a way better option. For anyone with the same problem as me, go to http://new.cadalyst.com/code/browseyear.cfm?yr=2007
and download the July 2007 lisp programs. The block repair program can fix this problem and do it in a massive and quick fashion.
Contributor
miroko
Message 4 of 4 (91 Views)

08-29-2012 11:50 AM in reply to: sjdonahue

Hello

This is a tool which i was looking for for a very long time.

And it has been here for so long, since 2007 :smileyhappy:

For those who are interested follow the link and download the lisp

http://cadtips.cadalyst.com/content/tip-2225-block-repair

regards

miroko

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube