AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

mmanes
Message 1 of 16 (6,332 Views)

Cannot plot in black and white - only color

6332 Views, 15 Replies
06-24-2011 10:02 AM

The plot style is a ctb file that has worked fine in the past. This is really frustrating. I've tried 'CONVERTPSTYLE', it didn't help.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 16 (6,323 Views)

Re: Cannot plot in black and white - only color

06-24-2011 12:50 PM in reply to: mmanes

Not enough information: do you just need to check PLOT WITH PLOT STYLES box on the PLOT command pop-up?

Is your DWG file CTB ready? Can you select it from the pulldown in PLOT?

Worked fine in the past: so you opened the CTB file and double-checked each entry?

Did you try the MONOCHROME.CTB file? Did you compare yours with the MONOCHROME.CTB file?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
MikeMeis
Message 3 of 16 (6,164 Views)

03-08-2012 07:13 AM in reply to: pendean

I have similiar problem, I use acad 2012 ver f.51.0.0 - one particular drawing wont plot using monochrome.ctb, it is checked-use plotstyles, I checked the monochrome.ctb - all 255 colors -are black, tryed different printers. I also did the convert option ctb to stb. Other drawings plot fine using monochrome. I am using alot of inserts which are attributed for data extraction, as well as interfacing with cadworx plant-which i dont have installed yet. Would you like to see the drawing in question.

I have sent this to other cad users and they get same result. Monochrome.ctb prints in color. I havent tryed Service pack 1 yet-should I? I resaved it as a 2007 didnt help. Renamed it as well. Color by layer is setting.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 16 (6,152 Views)

03-08-2012 02:35 PM in reply to: MikeMeis

Post a screenshot of your PLOT command pop-up in that drawing.

MikeMeis
Message 5 of 16 (6,145 Views)

03-09-2012 05:36 AM in reply to: mmanes

Screenshot of plot screen and settings I use. I have tryed different page setups. But different drawings work fine.

Since this particular drawing seems to be the problem, it must have a corruption embedded?? I shouldn't have to use the STB files - as this setings works on other drawings. Stumped here. Thanks

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 6 of 16 (6,143 Views)

03-09-2012 05:51 AM in reply to: MikeMeis

>>>..But different drawings work fine...<<<

If the problem is one file, fix it by INSERTing it into a working template.

Unless the problem is your monochrome CTB settings.

MikeMeis
Message 7 of 16 (6,139 Views)

03-09-2012 06:10 AM in reply to: mmanes

Ok Problem solved - it is a matter of Paper vs. Model - If i have my drawing and titleblock in Model space it prints in color using the monochrome.ctb.

If i put the entire drawing into Paper Space it prints B&W using monochrome.ctb.

I never knew this and wonder if there is a reason for it.

Thanks to all that responded to my dilema.

This customer asked us to use this type of drafting procedure. Except for multiple sheets - we were to use paper space for the seperate sheets. I saw the difference on your suggestion to insert it into a working template - Kudos pendean.

*Expert Elite*
Icemanau
Message 8 of 16 (6,128 Views)

03-11-2012 05:34 PM in reply to: MikeMeis

I would check your page setup in this case. It couold be that the page setup for paper space is different from the page setup for model space. This may override any settings you select when printing.

I normally print from both model and paper space and have no problems with them coming out in B/W even though everything is drawn in colour. However, if I have the title block in paper space, I remove any page setup information from the model space for that particular dwg.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman)

MikeMeis
Message 9 of 16 (6,119 Views)

03-12-2012 06:32 AM in reply to: mmanes

Still No difference here. It will only plot monochrome when i copy titleblock and drawing into Paper space( no viewport). Yes i have alot of blocks in the model space. If i use a viewport in Paper space it plots it in color with the mono settings.

*Expert Elite*
Icemanau
Message 10 of 16 (6,111 Views)

03-12-2012 03:30 PM in reply to: MikeMeis

Only thing I can suggest is to check your STB & CTB monochorome files. Use the Form tab as it makes it easier.

I checked mine and found the CTB had a seperate line for each colour which was set to black while the STB had 2 styles...

The first style is called Normal and uses the OBJECT colour, while the second style (Style 1) is set to black.

Normal style can't be deleted or edited.

Make sure the Style 1 is selected and then click Save and Close.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube