BertschChris
Message 1 of 3 (603 Views)
Accepted Solution

AutoCAD 2009 Will Not Launch

603 Views, 2 Replies
04-16-2012 06:04 PM

Windows 7 32-bit

AutoCAD 2009

One of our designers seems to break AutoCAD a couple times a month.  This time she really did a number on it.  Anyone can log on her computer (admin or not) and AutoCAD will launch fine.  However, if she tries to launch AutoCAD, absolutly nothing hoppens.  Everything I find online always refrences what to do if you see the splach screen and AutoCAD does not launch, but this is not the case.  I've repaired as admin using my creditnals, gave her admin rights and tried the same thing.  I've reinstalled both ways stated above.  Uninstalled the program deleted all the autocad user profile files and reinstalled and still not a thing.  I probably spent a good four hours on it with no results.  I'm about to wipe her hard drive and start from scratch unless someone has an idea...

Any help would be appreciated.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 3 (599 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2009 Will Not Launch

04-16-2012 11:09 PM in reply to: BertschChris

Hi,

Try to follow these steps to initiate the secondary installer, that will reset all settings for this user (>>>check this<<<)

>> Anyone can log on her computer (admin or not) and AutoCAD will launch fine

Then I would try to let "anyone" log in to the computer, start AutoCAD, export the profile (command _OPTIONS, tab "profiles"), that creates a ARG-file. Then you can login back with the non-functional user account, create a AutoCAD-start icon that uses the "/p" parameter (profile) and give this ARG-file as parameter for the profile.

Good luck, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
BertschChris
Message 3 of 3 (592 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2009 Will Not Launch

04-17-2012 06:30 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks Alfred!  that first part worked perfectly!

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.