AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Active Contributor
andybone
Message 1 of 3 (652 Views)

Archibus Overlay Crash

652 Views, 2 Replies
03-02-2011 02:57 AM

Hi All,

We currently use AutoCAD 2008 SP1 and Archibus 16.3 (with AFM 15 tables).  The team are going through drawing audits to make sure all of our drawings are drawn to the same standards.  But we are having increasing problems, with overlay crashing at random points.  I am trying to work out what is causing these crashes, or what can be done to stop it, as it is very frustrating. 

We have found that in some drawings, inserting and exploding a block was casing the crash.  Repeating the same task in standard CAD did not cause the drawing to crash.  But inserting the block does not always crash Overlay, so I don’t think the block is the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Andy

Valued Contributor
cypress999
Message 2 of 3 (358 Views)

Re: Archibus Overlay Crash

05-13-2011 01:00 PM in reply to: andybone

Hi Andy,

I found your comment just by accident, my work is just starting to use Archibus 19.2, we are in the process of Asset Tagging our data to our P-Lines. We cannot figure out how do we assign a P-Line to an employee name?

Any help you can provide would be great.

Thanks!

Alex

tiffanysml
Message 3 of 3 (298 Views)

Re: Archibus Overlay Crash

10-19-2011 06:13 PM in reply to: andybone

It can crash if you are exploding something that is already recorded as an asset. 

It probably makes more sense to do all your standardizing in the regular AUTOCAD (assuming the things you are doing will not affect any existing assets) and then run the publishing script on all your files in Overlay 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube