AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Active Contributor
timlane
Message 1 of 7 (915 Views)

Annotative Hatch?????

915 Views, 6 Replies
03-18-2010 09:59 AM
Can anybody help me find out what I'm doing wrong? We are using AutoCAD 2009 and I am trying to figure out how the annotative hatch works. I created a new file which has a scale factor of full, drew a rectangle and then hatched the rectangle with the earth pattern at a scale factor of 12. The associative and annotative boxes are marked. After inserting the hatch I right clicked on it and added the 1"=1'-0" scale to the list. I then went into paperspace and created a viewport, gave it a scale of full and locked it. I then created another viewport, gave it a scale of 1"=1'-0" and locked it. The hatch patterns in the two viewports are not the same size in the display. Shouldn't these be displaying the same since the hatch is annotative? I have struggled with this for awhile and am hoping that somebody has a solution.
*Pro
Modman_4
Message 2 of 7 (915 Views)

Re: Annotative Hatch?????

03-19-2010 07:34 AM in reply to: timlane
Try this:
1. Draw a box in paperspace and hatch (non-annotative) it with your earth pattern there. Do test-prints at 1:1 so you can adjust its scale until it looks good to you.
2. Now highlight the hatch and go into its properties to make it annotative (you can also leave it associative). Once you do that it will say its annotative scale is 1:1 (even though its hatch scale may be different). If you click on the bar that says 1:1, on the right hand there will appear a little button with (....) on it, without the brackets. Click that.
3. In the box that appears will be a scale list, with only the 1:1 listed. Click on Add Scales and enter each scale you anticipate the hatch to show up in. Don't add every scale known to Man though. When you are done, click Okay and exit the box.
4. Use CHSPACE to send that hatch object through your viewport into modelspace.
5. Now go to modelspace and use that one hatch to Property Paint all of the others you wish to change to behave the same way. They should all now be annotative and carry the same scales as the first one you did.
6. Go back into paperspace and test them by unlocking the viewport and changing its scale to match the different scales you added to the hatch. If you enter a scale you didn't program into the hatch, it shouldn't show. Unless of course you have the variable set that makes it adopt the viewport scale regardless.

Hopefully this rant has some useful info to help you :smileyhappy:
I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! :smileyhappy:
*Expert Elite*
PaulMunford
Message 3 of 7 (915 Views)

03-19-2010 08:47 AM in reply to: timlane
You might need to set the annotation scale visibility in the view port to 'Show annotations for current scale only'.

http://thecadsetterout.wordpress.com/2010/02/09/autocad-tip-use-annotative-hatches/
The CAD Setter Out Blog @CadSetterOut

Inventor Surfacing | AutoCAD | CAD Standards

Please use the Mark Solutions! Accept as Solution or Give Kudos! Kudos functions - Thank you!
Active Contributor
timlane
Message 4 of 7 (915 Views)

03-19-2010 09:11 AM in reply to: timlane
You've got to be kidding me. It tried the process you mentioned and it did eventually work, but is there anyway Autodesk could of made this more difficult? No where in any of the help documentation does it suggest this method. This pretty much tells me that annotative hatching should not be used just do to the steps I will need to get our employees to follow. Thanks for your help. Hopefully somebody else, like somebody from Autodesk has a better solution.
tanlei2089
Message 5 of 7 (505 Views)

07-04-2012 09:22 PM in reply to: timlane

Very Useful!!!,it really WORKS. If someone find it did not work, TWO key piont that you may miss: 1. ADD SCALES you want to use  to "Annotaive Scale" list  in Properties!! 2. after active VIEWPORT in PAPERSPACE, SELECT SCALE Popup Botton in right buttom. Remember if you select a sale didn't incloud in "HATCH Annotative sale ". The Hatch couldn't show in PaperSpace's Viewport. Just like Annotative Parametric.

*Expert Elite*
scot-65
Message 6 of 7 (493 Views)

07-05-2012 04:05 PM in reply to: Modman_4

Can this sequence be done with LTSCALE?

Scot-65
Dyslexia is a permanent physical disability that cannot be seen.
*Expert Elite*
Bob_Zurunkle
Message 7 of 7 (468 Views)

07-28-2012 07:03 PM in reply to: scot-65

I always advise to try out different linetypes in paperspace at 1:1 scale, and pick the ones that work best for you. If a linetype doesn't quite work, then create and test a custom linetype that does. This is of course after setting LTSCALE, MSLTSCALE, PSLTSCALE & CELTSCALE all to 1.

In order to complete the process, you must use CANNOSCALE in modelspace properly -- don't leave it set to 1:1! If you are drawing a floor plan in modelspace and you think you will be using a viewport set to 1/8"=1'-0" in paperspace, then set CANNOSCALE to 1/8" in modelspace. This is supposed to make those linetypes you selected in paragraph #1 look the same way in modelspace as they will in that 1/8" viewport -- which is supposed to be the same as they look at 1:1 scale in paperspace :smileyhappy:

signed,

The Artist Formerly Known As Modman_4

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted :smileyhappy:

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube