AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

RickWKM
Message 1 of 3 (933 Views)

ACAD 2009 Fatal Error - Unhandled Exception

933 Views, 2 Replies
03-07-2012 11:18 AM

I am running Windows 7.  A few weeks ago I got a Windows update and since then, I have not been able to run ACAD.  Upon start-up I get an error:

Exception in acmgd.dll  ARX Command

Unhandled Exception FFFFFFFF0434f4d  (e043f4dh) at address FFFFFFFFFD09a88dh

This continues to flash until I finally get a Fatal Error -

Fatal Error: Unhandled e0434f4dh  Exception at fd09a88dh

I have uninstalled and reinstalled ACAD.  I have removed and reinstalled my .net framework.  Nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions??

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 3 (932 Views)

Re: ACAD 2009 Fatal Error - Unhandled Exception

03-07-2012 11:28 AM in reply to: RickWKM

Hi,

>> A few weeks ago I got a Windows update

Have you installed an update over an existing OS? What OS have you had then before?

(And I hope you have not updated but formated you hd and a new install of Win7)

When you deinstalled AutoCAD had you done all to do a >>>clean uninstallation<<<, so nothing, real nothing left from AutoCAD?

BTW: AutoCAD 2009 is not supported for Win7 officially. Have you tried it to start in WinXP-compatibility mode?

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
RickWKM
Message 3 of 3 (852 Views)

Re: ACAD 2009 Fatal Error - Unhandled Exception

04-03-2012 02:07 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

This was a new PC with Windows 7 installed on it.  I had been running ACAD 2009 for about 4-5months without any issues.

I have not tried to run it in Windows XP compatability mode.  How do you do that?

I am also not sure what you mean by a "clean installation".  After uninstalling it I used the original disk to re-install it.  I did see something about some cashe files remaining and my support files automatically loaded so it was probably not a clean install.  How do I do a clean install?

Thanks

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube