1. UNLOAD is not the same as DETACH, and does nothing to remove the reference from the file as you seem to desire.
2. Your follow-up indicates an unsupported image type: so you really got this file from another source and not able to acknowledge this fact. You must ask the file creator to remove this content, or WBLOCK each and every file as others have indicated.
3. Your third image says the item you want to remove is a nested object: it's not in your top file, it's in an Xref or a block. YOu cannot detach anything nexted, only hide it (UNLOAD is for hiding).
4. Your fourth is a missing shape file: this could be a custom linetype you picked up from another source and may be buried in a block. Ask the source of your block or file for the missing shape file, or upgrade to LT2011 or higher wish allows you to ignore missing items like that.
Sorry no one else was reading your attachments early on, but you seem to have ignored them too. You are working in files or with content not from LT: ask the source for help or try the suggestions presented.
I would like it if you could explain the ignorance of images early on, I don't quite understand what you mean by that.
I was fully aware these unreferenced objects were from an outside source,
Thank you for explaining that the later one could be a linetype I will look into that further.
What ibwas looming for out of this was a simple way tonremove these, you have to understand that I work with many different companies and alot of the time things like this occur, to contact them all would be an endless thing and that us why I looked to the forum.
Maybe I just didn't understand early on Wht that person was saying.
Thanks for all your input people it's appreciated
One thing to try is the PURGE command. It won't get rid of images or items in blocks but will remove unused linetypes, font's, blocks, layers and similar.
If you select the Nested Items box, it will then go through and check after the initial run through to see if any further items can be removed. If so it will remove those items and do another check until there are no more items to remove.
This may resolve some of your linetype and font problems.
You may recognize me from the
hundreds of previous newsreader posts
I've made over the last 5 years
as Brad Coleman
But thank you
I was looking for a solution to this problem as well
I have AutoCAD 2010 3D version and have had the similar problem with every version for the past 10 years.
I have found that when I place an image, copy and paste sometimes the phantom image name never goes away and is rather annoying to have an image name without an image when etransmitting files.
I am not sure that I have ever had the problem when using insert raster image.
My solution is to start fresh with a new file, and copy the desired work into the new file, then rename the new file to the replaced file name
The phantom file name does not move with the other information.
For those out there not following the problem, there is no amount of deleting, purging, attach, unload, reload or anything we have tried that will remove the phantom jpg name. A few times placing the same file in the drawing using the same path and then deleting it in the xref window worked, but is unreliable.
additionaly the image itself cannot be found, only the name of the image, and then only in the Manage Xref window
If anyone ever does discover a solution to this bug, I would like to kno the fix.
Have had a very quick read through the different posts here - this might have been touched on before but am just posting what has worked for me - thanks to a colleague. (currently using AutoCAD 2011- hopefully, this will work for whatever version you are on too).
Further to pendean's informative post about unloading, detaching and nested items - the steps below got rid of all my unreferenced jpgs:
1. Go to X-Ref Manager
2. Click on the treeview icon at the top right hand corner,
3. The offending x-ref(s) will have the jpgs listed under it,
4. Open offending x-ref and do a DETACH and SAVE,
Just my 2 cents for the day.
There was never a confusion between unload and detach the issue is Unload does nothing and Detach is not available.
I have the same issue! What most are not understanding is that Detach is NOT an option, NOTHING shows up in the Xref Manager & as it is not an Xref and no amount of purge removes the offending jpg. So am I to understand aside from WBLOCK there is not a way to remove the offending jpgs?