default template file name for QNEW store where

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
jzq740176597
2232 Views, 14 Replies

default template file name for QNEW store where

for AutoCAD2002,

in options->file,there's no "default template file name for QNEW"  item like AutoCAD2007 or higher.

So when Ctrl+N always prompt for the dwt file .

How Can I setting this to automatic select "acad.dwt"??

Help me please!

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: jzq740176597

Do you mean when you select new you want it to open the acad.dwt template Automatically?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 15
jzq740176597
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Spoiler

@JoAnn_Hogan wrote:

Do you mean when you select new you want it to open the acad.dwt template Automatically?

Yes! But For ACAD 2002. there's no "default template file name " item in options.
can you tell how to do it ?
Message 4 of 15
JoAnn_Hogan

The closest I could find was setting your FILEDIA to 0. This means you need to type in the template name in the command line.

May I ask. Why are you still working with 2002? Ever considered upgrading?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 5 of 15
pendean

Automate with a little lisp.
or
have a link to the template file on your desktop and launch when needed.
or
Set AutoCAD's startup to always open it. Always. No matter what you do.
or
Rename your templace ACAD.DWT and place it at the top search folder in AutoCAD.

I am sure there are dozens of other ideas: not sure why you got stuck searching for something not in 2002 only.
Message 6 of 15
Patchy

Maybe change your STARTUP variable.

Message 7 of 15
jzq740176597

@JoAnn_Hogan wrote:

The closest I could find was setting your FILEDIA to 0. This means you need to type in the template name in the command line.

May I ask. Why are you still working with 2002? Ever considered upgrading?

(1)yes! The case really prompt me for the dwt file-name on the command-line. Now I really want to automaticlly sellect the acad.dwt file.

(2) I have already used CAD2012. But with CAD2002 as well .there 2 reasons ,a. some our customers still use it. May some times want the same version to reproduce the problem. b. sometimes when only scan for some dwg files ,CAD2002 is faster.

thanks for replyment.

Message 8 of 15
jzq740176597
in reply to: pendean

@pendean
"Rename your templace ACAD.DWT and place it at the top search folder in AutoCAD."
I just want to use the original default acad.dwt file. and in options->template file path also set as the $installPath$/template path.I don't change it any more.
BTW.There's a valid acad.dwt file reside that path.
But, Now the problem. still always prompt me for the default "acad.dwt" file in the command-line.

I have to press "enter" everytime.I wonder why?
Message 9 of 15
jzq740176597
in reply to: Patchy

Really ? STARTUP variable reside where? some ini file or sth?

any detail will thankful!
Message 10 of 15
Patchy

Reside where? 

Type in STARTUP and use 1 or zero and see the difference how to start a new drawing.

Message 11 of 15
JoAnn_Hogan

When using FILEDIA set to 0 then you have to press enter to confirm the template name opening up.

Here is the description of the system variable "STARTUP":

Controls what displays when the application is started, or when a new drawing is opened.

Controls whether the Create New Drawing dialog box is displayed when a new drawing is started with NEW or QNEW. Also controls whether the Startup dialog box is displayed when the application is started.

If the FILEDIA system variable is set to 0, file dialog boxes are not displayed.

• 0 Displays the Select Template dialog box, or uses a default drawing template file set in the Options dialog box, on the Files tab.
  • 1 Starts without opening a drawing template file, and displays the Startup or the Create New Drawing dialog box.
  • 2 Starts without opening a drawing template file. If available in the application a custom dialog box is displayed.

Jo - Ann
Message 12 of 15
jzq740176597
in reply to: Patchy

I tried but failed.

CAD said there's no such cmd.

Are you sure there's a cmd named "STARTUP " in CAD2002 version?

thanks any way.
Message 13 of 15
JoAnn_Hogan

Please have a look at the Attachment. Its got all the system variables for AutoCAD 2002.

It doesn't look like its got the startup variable.

This is one of the reasons why I would suggest upgrading. Your clients might be using 2002 but you can downsave in AutoCAD do that is not the problem. Autodesk only supports the current version and 3 versions earlier. Meaning currently then are supporting 2014,2013,2012 & 2011.

Which means you wont be able to download service packs anymore. May I also remind you that "legally" you are running a unsupported version.

"Autodesk® software is not sold. Rather, we license it to the end user under the terms of a software license agreement. "

You can read about this in the following link: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=10235425&siteID=123112

Jo - Ann
Message 14 of 15
jzq740176597

@JoAnn_Hogan

-> "When using FILEDIA set to 0 then you have to press enter to confirm the template name opening up."

May this's the final result,I got it.

Thanks very much. u timely reply help me a lot.

BTW,u're so professional and kind. could u tell your email ,may I can directly ask you by email later when some wired questions get me stuck.Cat Tongue

Message 15 of 15
JoAnn_Hogan

You can always send me a private message in the community. I will reply with my email address there as well. Glad I was able to help you 😃

Jo - Ann

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost