AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006

Reply
Distinguished Contributor
autodeskslave
Posts: 105
Registered: ‎12-01-2003
Message 1 of 6 (74 Views)

What happened to text case?

74 Views, 5 Replies
12-01-2003 01:30 AM
I noticed that Autodesk in their infinite wisdom took away
the change text case option under the Express pulldown
menu. I can only find the ability to change case inside the text editor itself. Does anyone know how to GLOBALLY
change text case for mulitiple objects?
*johnson, dc
Message 2 of 6 (74 Views)

Re: What happened to text case?

12-01-2003 01:52 AM in reply to: autodeskslave
you can still type in TCASE to access the command. you minght even want to add
it to a toolbar.


--
Dave C. Johnson
djohnson@wwcengineering.com
WWC Engineering
Sheridan WY.
Windows 2k2
Acad Map 2004
Survcadd XML2
Distinguished Contributor
autodeskslave
Posts: 105
Registered: ‎12-01-2003
Message 3 of 6 (74 Views)

Re:

12-01-2003 02:35 AM in reply to: autodeskslave
thank you. I assumed since it wasn't showing under my
pulldown that it didn't exist, since that's the only way I've ever used it. Even though it was a simple answer, it was worth it just to vent in the general direction of Autodesk! I notice that they edit your messages too!
*McDonough, Mark
Message 4 of 6 (74 Views)

Re:

12-01-2003 07:07 AM in reply to: autodeskslave
There are a number of commands that exist as Express Tools commands, that
for some odd reason don't appear in the menus anymore in 2004.

Example, the menupick... "Express > Modify > Delete duplicate objects"
(which is the OVERKILL command, most users don't know that) is missing in
the 2004 version. The OVERKILL command is there, just the menu pick is
missing. I examined the list of available Express Tools 2004 commands,
compared the acetmain.mnu with the R2000i version, then edited the 2004
version of acetmain.mnu to add back in all of the commands that were left
out. I even copied forward the popular TEDIT.LSP command which is not part
of 2004 Express tools, and made a menu entry.

--
Mark McDonough
Sasaki Associates
http://www.sasaki.com

"autodeskslave" wrote in message
news:f1a1f7f.1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> thank you. I assumed since it wasn't showing under my
> pulldown that it didn't exist, since that's the only way I've ever used
it. Even though it was a simple answer, it was worth it just to vent in the
general direction of Autodesk! I notice that they edit your messages too!
*Witt, C
Message 5 of 6 (74 Views)

Re: What happened to text case?

12-01-2003 07:21 AM in reply to: autodeskslave
odd. It's in my pulldown, and I didn't add it.

autodeskslave wrote:
> I noticed that Autodesk in their infinite wisdom took away
> the change text case option under the Express pulldown
> menu. I can only find the ability to change case inside the text editor
> itself. Does anyone know how to GLOBALLY
> change text case for mulitiple objects?
*johnson, dc
Message 6 of 6 (74 Views)

Re:

12-01-2003 07:29 AM in reply to: autodeskslave
its in mine too...just thought I would tell him that you could type in the
command. :smileyhappy:

C Witt wrote:

> odd. It's in my pulldown, and I didn't add it.
>
> autodeskslave wrote:
>
>> I noticed that Autodesk in their infinite wisdom took away
>> the change text case option under the Express pulldown
>> menu. I can only find the ability to change case inside the text
>> editor itself. Does anyone know how to GLOBALLY
>> change text case for mulitiple objects?
>
>

--
Dave C. Johnson
djohnson@wwcengineering.com
WWC Engineering
Sheridan WY.
Windows 2k2
Acad Map 2004
Survcadd XML2

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community




Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube