AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006

H.Haley
Message 1 of 3 (372 Views)

UCS problems?

372 Views, 2 Replies
11-12-2004 12:54 PM
I am a new user and have a problem now. Something I have changed now has all lines and bearings going toward the UCS in their respective bearing. I have turned the UCS off and it still does the same thing. By going toward the UCS I mean that putting a Northern line (i.e. 15.5
*Bill Barrows
Message 2 of 3 (372 Views)

Re: UCS problems?

11-15-2004 12:07 PM in reply to: H.Haley
If I understand your problem, you need to use an incremental move for each line segment. Instead of 15.5 wrote in message news:12055640.1100292908044.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am a new user and have a problem now. Something I have changed now has all lines and bearings going toward the UCS in their respective bearing. I have turned the UCS off and it still does the same thing. By going toward the UCS I mean that putting a Northern line (i.e. 15.5
postonxx
Message 3 of 3 (343 Views)

Re: UCS problems?

02-25-2011 09:05 AM in reply to: H.Haley

UCS MEMO:

The past ten years I have givin students these UCS INFO:    PIC / TYPE UCS  ICON  as  noted...

• OCS REAL TIME: (EXPRESS TOOLS)  this tool allows the UCS to be aligned to a different axis...
  • UCS:   this allows the user to positoin UCS by using the point "X" direction... "Y" direction...
  • UCS ON:  allows the user to view the position on screen of the UCS...
  • UCS ORGIN:    always places at the point of the UCS to be 0,0,0 in world units... 2D  or  3D...
  • UCS 3-POINT:  this will place the UCS at a NEW point (PLANE) for the continued drafting...
  • UCS NAMED:  allows the user to VIEW all existing UCS and can name the NEW UCS positons...
  • UCS SETTINGS:   dialog box that allows all of the settings for VIEW... DISPLAYING... COLORS...
  • UCS Z:  this is BEST icon setting UCS PLANES... just set center... then drag to the direction Z AXIS...
  • type UCSFOLLOW:   hit "V":   this will let the UCS to follow different changes in VIEWS... LOCKED...
  • VIEWCUBE:  this icon will allow the user to continiously VIEW the EXACT position (PLANE) of UCS...

TOO review the different UCS icons... type the HELP... enter UCS... then print out the results... DONE...

THE ... (ELLISPE)   I use to indicate to the students that PHRASE is read and understand... before continuing.

T-H-A-N-K-S...

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube