AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006

nathanharold1987
Message 1 of 4 (203 Views)

Title Block Issues

203 Views, 3 Replies
07-29-2011 02:55 AM

Dear All

This is my first time posting on this forum as I have been requested by my company to address an issue which is causing plotting issues for most people here at our small business.

Here is the problem. We recently updated our company logo and letterhead etc, and this filtered down to the logo etc on our title blocks on our drawings. I created the titleblock from scratch in AutoCAD to match the new logo, and as a result had to use different letters from different font types to match the font type used for the letterhead as closely as possible (as the exact font type is not available in AutoCAD). Once the desired effect had been created I made the logo into a block so that it could be scaled up and down etc as required for different paper sizes and so that it was not unduly edited when working with drawings.  A template file was created from this with the title block set up in each different paper size.

This all looks fine on my machine, however when this template file is opened on one of the other machines in the office the text appears distorrted and outside of the lines of the tileblock, with text overlapping etc. Basically, the different components and text styles used to create the logo appear to shift about despite it being a block. If the other users edit this so that it looks right on their machine it appears all spaced out and different on my machine.

We occasionally use an external company to help with our AutoCAD drawings when we are busy so I asked them to open the template file and it all appears correct on their machines so they were unable to help in terms of fixing the issue as all looked well to them.

The other machines in the office were all older units so I had initially assumed that it may be graphics card related, however two of the machines have been replaced for windows 7 new base units and the issue is still there so the issue is not graphics card related. The only other difference is that the new machines use monitors in 4:3 format and the monitor I use is 16:9 format. I dont know if this could affect how a drawing (especially blocks) are viewed and plotted.

I have attached the template file alongwith a word document with images of how the title block appears correctly on my machine and a screenshot of how it appears on the other machines.

I do hope that someone can help with this - it is driving me crazy and I dont have a clue where to start in fixing it as it looks ok on my machine.

Thanks very much in advance.

Nathan

P.S I have tried both making it a block and having it exploded and it doesnt make a difference. It still always appears distorted on the other machines.

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 2 of 4 (193 Views)

Re: Title Block Issues

07-29-2011 04:30 AM in reply to: nathanharold1987

That looks like font problem, you can try Etransmit your drawing to others so they can have your fonts.

*Expert Elite*
azrdgldr
Message 3 of 4 (189 Views)

07-29-2011 04:48 AM in reply to: nathanharold1987

One problem I see is using the same font name with different font styles.  In your mtext objects you have Arial with Times New Roman and Arial with Arial Unicode MS.  In this case I would have a font name for each in their own styles. 

Forgot to add, I would shrink the box for your enquiries to within the titleblock,  it seems to be acting like a fit.  But I maybe wrong in this case, but shrink it anyway to see if that helps.

*Expert Elite*
Bob_Zurunkle
Message 4 of 4 (181 Views)

07-29-2011 09:31 AM in reply to: azrdgldr

In my previous job I used an image of the logo...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted :smileyhappy:

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube