AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006

Reply
*Bendix, Rob
Message 1 of 8 (68 Views)

Tabbing problem in Mtext

68 Views, 7 Replies
09-11-2003 04:16 AM
Occasionally, my tabs don't line up.
In the Mtext dialog, I'll tab text over to line up columns of text (I use a
hard return between lines). But as soon as I hit OK, a couple of the lines
of text will get shifted as if there were and extra tab. So, I have to go
back into the Mtext dialog and intentionally misalign the column to get it
to display correctly in the drawing.

Has anyone else seen this?
--
Rob Bendix
CAD Manager
MulvannyG2 Architecture
robb@mulvannyg2.com
*Rich
Message 2 of 8 (68 Views)

Re: Tabbing problem in Mtext

09-11-2003 04:28 AM in reply to: *Bendix, Rob
Yes it certainly isn't WSYWIG, I thought with the new editor these
problems would be gone but like you I have to see the results then go
back and remove/add spaces or tabs to have it misaligned so it looks
right when you OK it.

Rich


"Rob Bendix" wrote in message
news:5DD2D42C2927048F08B5CC258E76690F@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Occasionally, my tabs don't line up.
> In the Mtext dialog, I'll tab text over to line up columns of text (I
use a
> hard return between lines). But as soon as I hit OK, a couple of the
lines
> of text will get shifted as if there were and extra tab. So, I have
to go
> back into the Mtext dialog and intentionally misalign the column to
get it
> to display correctly in the drawing.
>
> Has anyone else seen this?
> --
> Rob Bendix
> CAD Manager
> MulvannyG2 Architecture
> robb@mulvannyg2.com
>
>
*Saadallah, Dean
Message 3 of 8 (68 Views)

Re: Tabbing problem in Mtext

09-11-2003 04:50 AM in reply to: *Bendix, Rob
TTF, or SHX fonts?

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
*Witt, C
Message 4 of 8 (68 Views)

Re:

09-11-2003 04:50 AM in reply to: *Bendix, Rob
I'm curious.. whay don't people use the wordwrap?.. that would solve
the problem.

Dean Saadallah wrote:
> TTF, or SHX fonts?
>
*Bendix, Rob
Message 5 of 8 (68 Views)

Re:

09-12-2003 07:59 AM in reply to: *Bendix, Rob
I use TTF
--
Rob Bendix
CAD Manager
MulvannyG2 Architecture
robb@mulvannyg2.com



"Dean Saadallah" wrote in message
news:smileyvery-happy:08CF01C077590FAD8C9EFFB12961C30@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> TTF, or SHX fonts?
>
> --
> Dean Saadallah
> Add-on products for LT
> http://www.pendean.com/lt
> --
>
>
*Bendix, Rob
Message 6 of 8 (68 Views)

Re:

09-12-2003 08:08 AM in reply to: *Bendix, Rob
I live for word-wrap, but It depends on what you want to do. If I want to
setup a few tabbed columns to show as sub notes in a paragraph, I use a hard
carriage return. I don't want to rely on the edge of my Mtext box to
establish the end of my line. Anyone editing it after me could simply
adjust the box and completely change the intent of the paragraph.
--
Rob Bendix
CAD Manager
MulvannyG2 Architecture
robb@mulvannyg2.com

.
"C Witt" wrote in message
news:3F60D150.7030102@trkeng.com...
> I'm curious.. whay don't people use the wordwrap?.. that would solve
> the problem.
>
> Dean Saadallah wrote:
> > TTF, or SHX fonts?
> >
>
*Witt, C
Message 7 of 8 (68 Views)

Re:

09-12-2003 08:18 AM in reply to: *Bendix, Rob
but with the new mtext editor in 2K4 you can set-up tabs and other
formating the same as you would for msword.. or any other document program.

pre-difined "tab" locations.. paragraph style word wrap with bullet
points (ie: numbers).

Rob Bendix wrote:
> I live for word-wrap, but It depends on what you want to do. If I want to
> setup a few tabbed columns to show as sub notes in a paragraph, I use a hard
> carriage return. I don't want to rely on the edge of my Mtext box to
> establish the end of my line. Anyone editing it after me could simply
> adjust the box and completely change the intent of the paragraph.
> --
> Rob Bendix
> CAD Manager
> MulvannyG2 Architecture
> robb@mulvannyg2.com
>
> .
> "C Witt" wrote in message
> news:3F60D150.7030102@trkeng.com...
>
>>I'm curious.. whay don't people use the wordwrap?.. that would solve
>>the problem.
>>
>>Dean Saadallah wrote:
>>
>>>TTF, or SHX fonts?
>>>
>>
>
>
Distinguished Contributor
MB-CAD
Posts: 299
Registered: ‎11-27-2003
Message 8 of 8 (68 Views)

Re:

09-24-2003 02:47 AM in reply to: *Bendix, Rob
I did a little testing on this issue. I find the display and width of the text box are crucial.
If zoomed in tight, when the MTEXT box is created with a width that cannot be displayed without horizontal scroll bars you will have problems. If the MTEXT box is a width that is equal to that of the view (no scroll bar) then the tabs come in almost perfectly to what was copied out of word. I have pasted the exact same text into 10 different mtext boxes and can create varying tab widths. For me the key is having the mtext box/font being WYSIWYG. Play with it and you'll see the differences. I will post my sample in the customer files section.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community




Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube