AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006

Contributor
SmithG
Message 1 of 4 (658 Views)

TIF with ZIP(Deflate) compression

658 Views, 3 Replies
08-08-2005 04:04 PM
ACD2006, MCAD2006 and C3D2006 do not support correct display of ZIP(Deflate) TIF files. Raster Design 2006 does.
Why the disparity?
*Dean Saadallah
Message 2 of 4 (658 Views)

Re: TIF with ZIP(Deflate) compression

08-09-2005 06:03 AM in reply to: SmithG
A perk of Raster Design: the vertical versions of AutoCAD do
not share abilities, and plain AutoCAD does not even get
close to any of them.

The days of all AutoCAD versions doing the same things have
been dead for quite a few versions now.

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Contributor
SmithG
Message 3 of 4 (658 Views)

08-10-2005 01:00 PM in reply to: SmithG
Now thats a funny one. I would not have thought so. I know one needs Object Enablers to be able to "see" and "manipulate" vertical's elements, but a Raster should be displayed correctly regardless. The code for displaying all raster supported by RD should be included in all verticals, its just the editing bit that is left out.
AutoDesk's blurbs on AutoCAD all state TIF is supported, and while I appreciate there are a number of TIF formats, one would not expect AutoDesk to rewrite code to display the TIF they do support, differently in all their packages. That would be plain stupid to reinvent the wheel.
Can we have a comment from AutoDesk on this one?
BTW, I have a bug report in on this too and have heard nothing for 3 Days, not even an acknowledgement. How good is THAT for responsiveness?
*Dean Saadallah
Message 4 of 4 (658 Views)

08-10-2005 01:23 PM in reply to: SmithG
If you are on subscription, you can start a request,
response is usually within 24hours.

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube