AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006

Active Contributor
mies
Message 1 of 6 (75 Views)

Standard linetypes inadequate

75 Views, 5 Replies
03-30-2005 04:15 PM
Could we have some more standard linetypes with greater gradation of scales? We have CENTER and CENTER2(.5x), why not some more like CENTER3(.2x) and CENTER4(.1x)? Then we could avoid linetype scale overrides to get dashed lines to look right, which mucks up your details when you go to a smaller scale. Then I could exchange drawings with my engineer without explaining how to load my custom linetypes.
*Walt Engle
Message 2 of 6 (75 Views)

Re: Standard linetypes inadequate

03-30-2005 04:16 PM in reply to: mies
Why not copy your custom linetypes to his computer?
Active Contributor
mies
Message 3 of 6 (75 Views)

03-30-2005 05:07 PM in reply to: mies
He probably wouldnt know how to load the linetypes, and why should I have to spend all day explaining this to him?. The real question is, why am I paying $5000 for a program that doesnt have these basic features already built into it?
*Walt Engle
Message 4 of 6 (75 Views)

03-30-2005 05:22 PM in reply to: mies
Can't you add them to your acad.lin and copy that?
*Dean Saadallah
Message 5 of 6 (75 Views)

03-30-2005 08:05 PM in reply to: mies
The ability is 'built-in', you do the building and putting in: if you deal with someone that cannot perform the task, find someone that does. Plenty of smart engineers on the planet that can use AutoCAD :smileyhappy: -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
*Warren Trost
Message 6 of 6 (75 Views)

03-31-2005 05:37 AM in reply to: mies
AutoDesk's attitude has in the past seemed to be that they are furnishing you the tools to work with and it is up to you to customize them to do what you want, unlike some other programs that furnished the program and it really took a programmer to make usefull changes. Like making a wrench but if you want a bend in it you could heat it up and make the bend yourself. With the new CUI, I'm not sure this is still so but as I've not had first hand experience with it, only from reading the threads, this might have changed for extensive customization. "mies" wrote in message news:27404675.1112231305344.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > He probably wouldnt know how to load the linetypes, and why should I have to spend all day explaining this to him?. The real question is, why am I paying $5000 for a program that doesnt have these basic features already built into it?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube