AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006

Distinguished Contributor
dknaggert
Message 11 of 26 (285 Views)

Re: Solids Mass Properties - Real Weights

04-25-2006 03:59 PM in reply to: KaJo
Hi,
I hope for the last time on this subject. I found the original, no need to translate in the first place and the error that I reported on earlier is also gone. They must have put it in when it was translated into German.
Regards
*ddpcad
Message 12 of 26 (285 Views)

04-25-2006 04:34 PM in reply to: KaJo
dknaggert wrote:
> Hi,
> I hope for the last time on this subject. I found the original, no need to translate in the first place and the error that I reported on earlier is also gone. They must have put it in when it was translated into German.
> Regards

thanks!
*ddpcad
Message 13 of 26 (285 Views)

04-25-2006 04:35 PM in reply to: KaJo
dknaggert wrote:
> Hi,
> You can fight over it or each can take a separate copy.Of course, you can customize it by adding more materials or make it more accurate. I did the best I could.
> Regards
>
> P.S. I was just going to check it with a 1.0 cu-in block for accuracy and it gave me an error message, yet it worked before on a different body?? I'll keep you posted - although I am probably as good in lisp as you are, I know next to nothing.
>
> Message was edited by: dknaggert

if you're as good as me at LISP then you certainly do know nothing :smileyhappy:
dknaggert
Message 14 of 26 (285 Views)

04-25-2006 05:58 PM in reply to: KaJo
Hi,
I crowed too early. Although the earlier version worked, I wasn't quite happy with it and I did some more editing. The stupid error message "x is not a known command" is gone and the material selection is now correct. I have no idea why the "x" was in there, so I just took it out. I also put the mass units in so that one can not make the wrong assumption as to what the numbers mean.
Regards
Contributor
JJ_horizon
Message 15 of 26 (285 Views)

04-26-2006 05:36 AM in reply to: KaJo
I tried running the lisp and got the error " Cannot Find Definition for 3D_MASS" the last one the dialog box came up put this one doesn't. I would look at the lisp "code" itself but to me it might as well be back in German. I just know how to use them not write them.
dknaggert
Message 16 of 26 (285 Views)

04-26-2006 07:37 AM in reply to: KaJo
Hi,
The gremlins were at it again. I swear, I've tested this version. Sorry
Contributor
JJ_horizon
Message 17 of 26 (285 Views)

04-26-2006 10:27 AM in reply to: KaJo
One last question what is the mpr extention go to?
dknaggert
Message 18 of 26 (285 Views)

04-26-2006 01:45 PM in reply to: KaJo
Hi,
That is the extension that AutoCad (and this lisp routine) normally uses to store data when you ask for mass properties and agree to the option of saving the data in a file. M(ass) PR(operties) I guess.

P.S. Hey, I didn't know this, they censor this thing. It will not publish Mass without the M - pretty funny Message was edited by: dknaggert
Contributor
JJ_horizon
Message 19 of 26 (285 Views)

04-26-2006 02:10 PM in reply to: KaJo
The reason i asked is that i get this error

"Write analysis to a file? [Yes/No] : _y Enter file name <> Settings\joshuajohnson\My Documents\Drawing2.mpr>: c:/acadmass.mpr
"C:\acadmass.mpr": Can't open file
Command: ; error: bad argument type: FILE nil"

I didn't know if the extension was for another program or what.

Oh and sorry for having bothered you to look the lisp so many times. I'm slowly understanding how to code the lisps.
dknaggert
Message 20 of 26 (285 Views)

04-26-2006 06:21 PM in reply to: KaJo
Hi,
No problem, but I think I know now what is happenig. I downloaded the *.zip from here again and expanded it. AutoCad wouldn't even load it. There is a bug in WinZip that prevents you from restoring the original. Therefore, I used WinRar this time. I expanded this also and it worked. Good luck.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube