AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006

Message 1 of 3 (80 Views)

Slow Running

80 Views, 2 Replies
09-10-2008 01:01 PM
My entire office is having problems running autoCAD. We are having problems plotting and working in drawings. When I say problems I mean that everything is very slow. Tabbing between drawings, Bursting objects, undo ... Has anyone else experienced similar problems. I'm wondering if it is a setting that might need to change. Our IT guy cannot find anything wrong with our server or equipment and he believes it has something to do with autoCAD itself. Any help or suggestions would be great!
*Aug
Message 2 of 3 (80 Views)

Re: Slow Running

09-10-2008 01:29 PM in reply to: GSARCH
I would suspect something has changed in you network (moved or renamed
folders, changed hard drive designation, etc.). Have you upgraded you
antivirus software recently?

They haven't changed anything about Acad2004 for some time.

Aug
Message 3 of 3 (80 Views)

Re: Slow Running

09-10-2008 02:43 PM in reply to: GSARCH
We haven't changed anything recently. I did move my plotter drivers from our server to my C drive and that seemed to speed up everything except for plotting. I'm guessing it must have something to do with our connection to the server or something with plotting that is slowing everything down.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube