AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006

*Ken Rappold
Message 1 of 7 (563 Views)

Invalid Plotter Search Path

563 Views, 6 Replies
10-11-2004 02:17 PM
I am receiving an error message when trying to execute the Options command in ACAD 2005. The text of the error is similar to this: "AutoCAD Warning: The following shortcuts in the plotter search were invalid and ignored: \Documents and Settings\Administrator\Favorites\Microsoft bCentral.lnk \Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Microsoft Office Tools\Activate Product.lnk \Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Microsoft Office Tools\Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar.lnk \Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Microsoft Office Tools\Microsoft Office XP Language Settings.lnk \Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Microsoft Office Tools\Microsoft Photo Editor.lnk \Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Microsoft Office Tools\Save My Settings Wizard.lnk \Documents and Settings\user\My Computer\My Music\Sample Music.lnk \Documents and Settings\user\My Computer\My Pictures\Sample Pictures.lnk \Documents and Settings\user2\Desktop\Shortcut to Microsoft Office Outlook.lnk \Documents and Settings\user2\Favorites\Microsoft bCentral.lnk \Documents and Settings\user3\Start Menu\Forms\Plotschd.xlt.lnk \Documents and Settings\user3\Start Menu\Forms\Progmeet.dot.lnk \Documents and Settings\testm34\Start Menu\Forms\Plotschd.xlt.lnk \Documents and Settings\user34\Start Menu\Forms\Progmeet.dot.lnk \Documents and Settings\user5\Desktop\Shortcut to DrawingListBatchProcessed.lnk \Documents and Settings\user5\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent\Memo responses.doc.LNK \Documents and Settings\user5\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent\Drawing List.xls.LNK \Documents and Settings\user5\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent\609204OF84.tif.LNK \Documents and Settings\user5\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent\Binder Cover.doc.LNK \Documents and Settings\user5\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent\Bld DWGS.LNK \Documents and Settings\user5\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent\Upgrades Phase 2.LNK \Documents and Settings\user5\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent\Image.tif.LNK \Documents and Settings\user5\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent\Masterplan.TIF.LNK \Documents and Settings\user5\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent\MYSCAN_20030910_0001.TIF.LNK \Documents and Settings\user5\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent\times.xls.LNK" What configuration mess made Autocad believe that the plotter search path has all of this information in it?
*James Maeding
Message 2 of 7 (563 Views)

Re: Invalid Plotter Search Path

10-11-2004 02:36 PM in reply to: *Ken Rappold
those all look like paths in your profile. Did someone rename a user folder or something? "Ken Rappold" |>I am receiving an error message when trying to execute the Options command |>in ACAD 2005. The text of the error is similar to this: |> |>"AutoCAD Warning: The following shortcuts in the plotter search were invalid |>and ignored: \Documents and Settings\Administrator\Favorites\Microsoft |>bCentral.lnk \Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft |>Office\Microsoft Office Tools\Activate Product.lnk \Documents and |>Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Microsoft Office |>Tools\Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar.lnk \Documents and Settings\All |>Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Microsoft Office Tools\Microsoft |>Office XP Language Settings.lnk \Documents and Settings\All Users\Start |>Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Microsoft Office Tools\Microsoft Photo |>Editor.lnk \Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft |>Office\Microsoft Office Tools\Save My Settings Wizard.lnk \Documents and |>Settings\user\My Computer\My Music\Sample Music.lnk \Documents and |>Settings\user\My Computer\My Pictures\Sample Pictures.lnk \Documents and |>Settings\user2\Desktop\Shortcut to Microsoft Office Outlook.lnk \Documents |>and Settings\user2\Favorites\Microsoft bCentral.lnk \Documents and |>Settings\user3\Start Menu\Forms\Plotschd.xlt.lnk \Documents and |>Settings\user3\Start Menu\Forms\Progmeet.dot.lnk \Documents and |>Settings\testm34\Start Menu\Forms\Plotschd.xlt.lnk \Documents and |>Settings\user34\Start Menu\Forms\Progmeet.dot.lnk \Documents and |>Settings\user5\Desktop\Shortcut to DrawingListBatchProcessed.lnk \Documents |>and Settings\user5\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent\Memo |>responses.doc.LNK \Documents and Settings\user5\Application |>Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent\Drawing List.xls.LNK \Documents and |>Settings\user5\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent\609204OF84.tif.LNK |>\Documents and Settings\user5\Application |>Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent\Binder Cover.doc.LNK \Documents and |>Settings\user5\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent\Bld DWGS.LNK |>\Documents and Settings\user5\Application |>Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent\Upgrades Phase 2.LNK \Documents and |>Settings\user5\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent\Image.tif.LNK |>\Documents and Settings\user5\Application |>Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent\Masterplan.TIF.LNK \Documents and |>Settings\user5\Application |>Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent\MYSCAN_20030910_0001.TIF.LNK \Documents and |>Settings\user5\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent\times.xls.LNK" |> |>What configuration mess made Autocad believe that the plotter search path |>has all of this information in it? |> |> James Maeding jmaeding at hunsaker dot com Civil Engineer/Programmer
*Ken Rappold
Message 3 of 7 (563 Views)

10-12-2004 06:01 AM in reply to: *Ken Rappold
I agree that they are paths referencing a Windows user profile, but notice that the paths have different users. No folders were renamed. "James Maeding" wrote in message news:smileytongue:4vlm0lerb6d972j81n8eonduhpjaqk5he@4ax.com... > those all look like paths in your profile. > Did someone rename a user folder or something?
Contributor
andybills
Message 4 of 7 (563 Views)

11-08-2006 04:04 PM in reply to: *Ken Rappold
Hi to All

I am getting the same type of message two or three times a day!

I have set in Acad Options for CTB files to be on a server path, rather than the local default c:\. This is so others have access to the CTBs, and there is only a single place where they are stored.

See attached jpg.

Basically it says the "following shortcuts in the search were invalid and ignored: ...(PATHNAME)Add-A-Plot-Style Table Wizard.Ink"

I know it must be something to do with me fiddling with Options, but I am supposed to be able to specify alternate paths for CTBs and the like, aren't I?

I'd be grateful if someone can solve this 'mystery'!

Thanks to Acad community. Invaluable as always.

Andy
Contributor
andybills
Message 5 of 7 (563 Views)

11-08-2006 04:48 PM in reply to: *Ken Rappold
All,
Apologies - I meant to say I am a Civil3D 2007 user; WinXP. I have replied to these posts as they are the only ones I could find related to this topic.

Thank you.
*Allen Jessup
Message 6 of 7 (563 Views)

11-09-2006 05:35 AM in reply to: *Ken Rappold
I would usually get that message when the path pointed to an Add-A-Plot
Style Table Wizard on the server that was from a different version of
AutoCAD. If you're running multiple versions the only way I've found to
eliminate this is to have a different path for each version.

If you're only on 2007 either copy the correct file or alter the .lnk file.
The correct file should be found in a path something like this.
\Programs\Autodesk Land Desktop 2007\styshwiz.exe.

Allen

wrote in message news:5390131@discussion.autodesk.com...
All,
Apologies - I meant to say I am a Civil3D 2007 user; WinXP. I have replied
to these posts as they are the only ones I could find related to this topic.

Thank you.
Contributor
andybills
Message 7 of 7 (563 Views)

11-14-2006 10:08 PM in reply to: *Ken Rappold
Allen - thank you. You're dead right; I do run multiple versions reading the same set of CTBs. I shall try grabbing the ink from my C:\ and putting that on the server.

Watch this space. (though it's not the most interesting topic, granted).

Andy

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube