How to get exact measures of object

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Urf
Observer
797 Views, 4 Replies

How to get exact measures of object

Hello everyone!

I have a question/problem I cant solve, so I would appreciate your help very much.

I have object, (pictures attached) and I need to get exact measures of its body (cloak/mantle) I get the bottom part, its simple circle, I got the cut off part (ellipse) but the body of cone I have no idea how to measure that, how to get exact cloak/mantle of it, or how to draw it. If anyone have any suggestion, or idea, or can help, bring it on

P.S. 
English is not my 1st language, and I have no idea how express myself in geometry and math 😄

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Urf
Observer
in reply to: Urf

For such a big community, I must admit, I expected a little bit more interaction. Have I not make myself clear or, no one in whole community cant tell me is there a way in autocad 2004 to get exact measures of an objects' cloak/mantle?

Message 3 of 5
pendean

Forums for old software don't get much attention: most of us are using newer software and in the more active newer software forums.

99% of the time posting a DWG file with your 'attempts' in it and an idea of what you want to accomplish also in it (even if you have to fudge it) goes a long way to get people involved than simply posting useless staic jpegs.
My 2cents worth.
Message 4 of 5
Kent1Cooper

A question for you:

Do you want to do this for existing 3D Solid objects that the User would select?  I don't know of a way to do that [but I would not claim there is no way].  But if you have the geometric information about it [the base diameter, the angle of the sides or height to the peak of the cone if it were not truncated, the angle of the truncating plane and height of the point where that plane intersects the vertical center-line of the cone], I think something could probably be worked out.

However, this is not a version-specific issue.  You would be better off trying in the Customization Forum.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 5
Urf
Observer
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Sorry for my impatience and kinda missing the place for thread, as you can see I'm brand new here. 

Thanks for response. I'll try in Custimization forum, with a bit more info of the object itself, and .dwg of a cone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost