AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006

Jaymann
Message 1 of 9 (772 Views)

Hatch dialog box missing

772 Views, 8 Replies
12-08-2006 09:16 AM
I have a user that has his hatch dialog box missing, I have made sure his fildia = 1 and reset his Profile.aws.

He is running AutoCAD 2005 with sp1 and InTools.

Any Ideas?
Distinguished Contributor
jackshield
Message 2 of 9 (772 Views)

Re: Hatch dialog box missing

12-08-2006 02:15 PM in reply to: Jaymann
what command do you use?
jaymann10
Message 3 of 9 (772 Views)

12-08-2006 02:54 PM in reply to: Jaymann
I had to set up a new account, I couldn't reply with the previous one. I am sure I put in the proper user name and password but it kept saying it was wrong.

Anyway's, all the Hatch commands (including the toolbutton) initiate the hatch command but they do display the Dialog box. If I hit the button (or type the command) it acts as if the command is active, if I hit the Enter key I am prompted to select an object to hatch. I select the closed rectangle and it will hatch it.
jackshield
Message 4 of 9 (772 Views)

12-09-2006 01:19 PM in reply to: Jaymann
as far as i know, the command "hatch" does not initiate dialogue box, whereas, the command "bhatch" does. was wondering if toolbar button had been redefined.
jaymann10
Message 5 of 9 (772 Views)

12-12-2006 07:06 AM in reply to: Jaymann
This user is away from his desk until Wed, I have logged onto his station and the problem doesn't happen on my account.

On friday I tried the bhatch command, the -hatch command and the _hatch command and still nothing.

I hate to have to reinstall AutoCAD but it looks like I might have to.
*mic yost
Message 6 of 9 (772 Views)

12-13-2006 12:25 PM in reply to: Jaymann
hope this isn't too late but check cmddia is set to 1.

wrote in message news:5422787@discussion.autodesk.com...
This user is away from his desk until Wed, I have logged onto his station
and the problem doesn't happen on my account.

On friday I tried the bhatch command, the -hatch command and the _hatch
command and still nothing.

I hate to have to reinstall AutoCAD but it looks like I might have to.
d_reno
Message 7 of 9 (682 Views)

03-22-2011 09:21 AM in reply to: Jaymann

I have the same issue. It happens with HATCH and BHATCH. CMDDIA is set to 1. I do not think that the box is hiding off screen - I tried to Alt+space as per something I found online, but it doesn't do anything for me, or if it does, I can't tell what.

anyone find a solution to this?

David Renaud, RLS
C3D 2012 on 64bit Win 7 all up to date
Dell Precision 7core 8GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M
LDT/C3D user since release 12
d_reno
Message 8 of 9 (679 Views)

03-22-2011 09:47 AM in reply to: d_reno

Found the thread that mentions the HPDLGMODE. this is what I needed. I don't have a ribbon tab that includes drawing hatch - mine is all used up with Civil 3D tabs. I set the variable to always display the dialog box.

The odd thing is that this somehow switched itself since last week when I last used HATCH. not sure what is up with that ...

David Renaud, RLS
C3D 2012 on 64bit Win 7 all up to date
Dell Precision 7core 8GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M
LDT/C3D user since release 12
aladin
Message 9 of 9 (470 Views)

01-17-2012 03:46 PM in reply to: Jaymann

I had the same problem with hatch. It was missing and when I type H and accept it the hatch command would initiate and then AutoCad would hang. Somebody told me to remove my existing profile in Tools-Options-Profiles, make generic <unnamed profile> current and recreate my profile with customization and everything. I did and it worked. However, what some of these users were saying - it might still be that the HATCH AND GRADIENT window goes on a fictitious monitor. I had the same situation with OBJECTSCALE window. The way I made it work (and how I should have probably solved the HATCH window problem) is described here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-LT/Object-Scale-Dialog-Box-Missing/m-p/3296555

I think the same procedure would have worked with HATCH. What I notice often, I undock my laptop and take it with me one of our divisions in other cities. When I type HATCH, it doesn't do anything. Just hangs. Probalby because the Hatch window is looking for monitor 2 which is still shown when you rightclick on desktop-properties-settings. Video card still thinks there is another monitor attached and pushes the Hatch window onto that imaginary monitor 2.

Procedure with CTRL+ALT+Move+arrows works if you knew where the video card thinks that 2nd monitor is. Is it thinking it's on the right or the left side - you can move it with arrows but you don't see it and you're just guessing. Try the procedure described in another thread (see link above) and hopefully it works for you like it did for me.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.