AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006

Valued Contributor
chevy
Message 1 of 7 (1,654 Views)

Can't see Block or Xref

1654 Views, 6 Replies
02-20-2004 08:44 AM
I xref a drawing into my current drawing, all layers are on and thawed and I can see the names of the Xref from the Layer Properties Manager,Xref Manager also confirmed the xref drawing is there and still can't see it. I gone as far as insert that Reference drawing into the current drawing at 0,0 and did scaled it up a million time bigger hope to see it but nothing. I know I'm not blind and been use Acad since R11, Is this a bug in Acad2000i ?? HELP.
p.s. Done checked Model Space and Pspace too.
Thanks all.
*Dean Saadallah
Message 2 of 7 (1,653 Views)

Re: Can't see Block or Xref

02-20-2004 09:49 AM in reply to: chevy
Are you XREFing a file that has an Xref Bind in it? What is the XREF file, and content? Are you multi-level Xrefing? -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
*Kent Elrod
Message 3 of 7 (1,654 Views)

02-20-2004 10:16 AM in reply to: chevy
chevy If your drawing you are xrefing, are the objects only in PaperSpace? Items in PS (layout) will not be seen, they must be in MS. HTH Kent "chevy" wrote in message news:32649142.1077295536660.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I xref a drawing into my current drawing, all layers are on and thawed and I can see the names of the Xref from the Layer Properties Manager,Xref Manager also confirmed the xref drawing is there and still can't see it. I gone as far as insert that Reference drawing into the current drawing at 0,0 and did scaled it up a million time bigger hope to see it but nothing. I know I'm not blind and been use Acad since R11, Is this a bug in Acad2000i ?? HELP. > p.s. Done checked Model Space and Pspace too. > Thanks all.
*Tracy W. Lincoln
Message 4 of 7 (1,652 Views)

02-20-2004 10:22 AM in reply to: chevy
Are you using AutoCAD 2000i or 2004 (this is posted in the AutoCAD 2004 discussion group) -- ************************************************************** Please, DO NOT send technical requests to me via private e-mail ************************************************************** Tracy W. Lincoln Assistant Moderator - Autodesk Discussion Forum http://www.autodesk.com/discussion-announcements "chevy" wrote in message news:32649142.1077295536660.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I xref a drawing into my current drawing, all layers are on and thawed and I can see the names of the Xref from the Layer Properties Manager,Xref Manager also confirmed the xref drawing is there and still can't see it. I gone as far as insert that Reference drawing into the current drawing at 0,0 and did scaled it up a million time bigger hope to see it but nothing. I know I'm not blind and been use Acad since R11, Is this a bug in Acad2000i ?? HELP. > p.s. Done checked Model Space and Pspace too. > Thanks all.
Valued Contributor
chevy
Message 5 of 7 (1,652 Views)

02-20-2004 10:57 AM in reply to: chevy
Wrong area yes, sorry, Same idea though :-)
I found out the problem, the Technician drew some on PS and xref, xref, xref. TGIF
Contributor
Terraeng
Message 6 of 7 (1,652 Views)

10-24-2007 02:03 PM in reply to: chevy
Thanks - 3 years later and this response still was useful!!!!!
NJfire305
Message 7 of 7 (1,233 Views)

04-29-2013 01:59 PM in reply to: chevy

I will do one better than that. 10 years later and it was the complete answer to our problem of the invisible xref. ( And TOTALLY made a light bulb click on saying DUH!!! Of course the geometry of an xref file must reside in Model Space, other wise the xref is xrefing nothingness. Complete DUH moment.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube