AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006

CAD-Dave
Message 1 of 6 (134 Views)

CAD crashes out when clicking an object before command, after insert of xref

134 Views, 5 Replies
04-16-2013 10:02 AM

I'm using AutoCAD 2006 LDD at my office and I'm having an issue lately.  I'll try and explain in the simplest terms possible.

After I use the INSERT or XREF command, if I click on an object (line, text, etc) without issuing a command first, AutoCAD will crash.  When I say it "crashes", I mean the AutoCAD window simply goes away and the program closes.  I don't get an error message, or option to save, or anything.  It simply closes as if I clicked the "X" at the top right.

Has anyone experienced this before?  Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

I've learned to cope by saving immediately after an insert of xref, clicking an object to force the crash, and reopening the drawing I was working in (works fine at this point, and future inserts/xrefs don't seem to cause the problem again in that drawing).

PLEASE HELP!!!

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 6 (117 Views)

Re: CAD crashes out when clicking an object before command, after insert of xref

04-17-2013 07:20 AM in reply to: CAD-Dave
Did this problem just start recently, or has it always been the case since the year 2005 when you installed LDD2006?
Windows System Restore does wonders for software that start acting funky: then there is a the full remove and reinstall option for LDD2006.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
CAD-Dave
Message 3 of 6 (114 Views)

Re: CAD crashes out when clicking an object before command, after insert of xref

04-17-2013 09:46 AM in reply to: CAD-Dave

It has started doing this recently.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 6 (110 Views)

04-17-2013 01:34 PM in reply to: CAD-Dave
Try the suggested Windows fix in my first reply.
CAD-Dave
Message 5 of 6 (104 Views)

04-18-2013 02:07 PM in reply to: CAD-Dave

Looks like my options for system restore don't go back before the first of this month.  It has been going on longer than that so I think that's out.  The idea of a full remove and reinstall of AutoCAD is extremely undesireable.  Any thoughts for a system variable or AutoCAD file entry that might be causing this that I could check in to?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 6 of 6 (99 Views)

04-19-2013 08:12 AM in reply to: CAD-Dave
No such variable, sorry: maybe others have ideas to try, sit tight and wait.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube