AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happenes when the higher version drawings saved in older version?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
JAYAPRAKASHMA9518
1592 Views, 2 Replies

What happenes when the higher version drawings saved in older version?

Hello All,

Presently i am working on ACAD2011 but some of our customers have older version Acad, hence we save the drawings in ACAD2000 format and send it. I would like to know what is the major differance/ property change when we save it to older version. Also would like to know the differance of property when we save in ACAD2000 and ACAD2004. I feel ACAD2011 version drawings saved in ACAD2000 will loose some properties and also we may loose some properties if saved in ACAD2004. Can anybody help me informing the main differances of ACAD2000 and ACAD2004 drawing properties?

which is the better option ACAD2000 or ACAD2004?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I'd advise saving no older than 2007. If you use annotation objects, with SAVEFIDELITY turned on, then they are recreated in multiple scales on multiple layers.

There are also some issues with MText. Perhaps others have some thigns to add that I have overlooked...

I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! 🙂
Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: JAYAPRAKASHMA9518

Other than the fact that they will not be able to use any entities not found in older versions (Mleaders, tables and so much more), nothing.

But to be on the safe side you ought to be using -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command to knock files down for their use (note the dash) and never use it on files you want to keep.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report