AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhandled Access Violation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
165 Views, 4 Replies

Unhandled Access Violation

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x426edbc2 Exception at 360527d2h

any one have an idea what is happening
novell,
autocad 2002
windows 2000
pIII and pvI
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Not a clue. But if you were to give us a bit more information, like *when*
it happens, whether it's just one drawing, many, or all, etc., perhaps
someone could shed some light. Not very many clairvoyants hang out here.
___

"ghaddad" wrote in message
news:f16fc9f.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x426edbc2 Exception at
360527d2h
> any one have an idea what is happening
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

here's the deal
I appreciate already that you responded
I am the cadd coordinator here and we work in an interdisciplinary situations I stand on the architectural side
personaly I've been working with autocad since 1987 not to say much about myself I think I know at least what not to do to avoid problems and I never had similar problems.
we have windows 2000 p3's and some p4's min. memory is 128mb.autocad 2002 network liscence we have a novell network connecting many different disciplines together architecture struct. mech elec civil etc.. we can all access the same drive.
I installed the whoshas.arx on each machine just to know when someone is in anybody's file.
also it is probably good to know that i used wipeouts and a ttf font "arial" on these dwgs until someone pointed out that it is probably causing the problem. i agreed to remove all these
wipeouts and converted all the ttf to bold.shx.
the problem is still here.
we had also a resonable size of hatch on some of our dwgs.
those hatch were removed in effort to debug the error.

when it happens?
it happens almost every other day with multiple files when we edit them.
what we know is that we receive this error message each time we access a corrupted file
Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x42e6c917 Exception at 360527d2h

i truly appreciate your reponse
thanks
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

ghaddad,

While searching for help on this error:

Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x000c Exception at 654be2b7h

I came across this post. I too work for a multi-discipline firm where a few months ago we were having alot of "crashes". It was determined that 128mb RAM was the problem, so we upgraded a few machines to 256mb & that seemed to solve it. Since you mentioned you just have 128, you may want to try this for your problem.

Good luck,
RA
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I think we all get this from time to time.

Speaking with some programmers, they feel it's a 'collision' in the memory, eityher RAM or virtual memeory. sort of a divide by 0 problem. The first is a piece of info, the second is a memory address.

I bet the error message is usually followed by a 'acad is now shutting down message, and it abruptly ends.

I beleive, that the CPU is happily chuggin away, but something else (outlook checking for new messages) demands a bit of CPU time, and the CPU forgets where it was in Acad, so it crashes.

Despite all these advances with 'multitasking' I still prefer to run Acad, Inventor, or Mech desktop as the only running program. Turn everythign else off: outlook, the web, word, the calculator, etc...

P

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report