AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solved: AutoCAD 2002 Mechanical Desktop 6.0 on Windows 7

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
calgarykevvy
8031 Views, 2 Replies

Solved: AutoCAD 2002 Mechanical Desktop 6.0 on Windows 7

Hi All;

Had a problem with Acad 2002/MDT 6.0 crashing on Windows 7. Saw a number of posts in this forum and all over the internet that seemed unsolved.

Was getting an error something like Unhandled Exception C++ Library.

Tracked it down to being a printing problem. Acad would print and run no problem. Could even close the program and launch it again as long as the machine wasn't restarted. When the machine was re-booted Acad crashed right after the template was loaded.

The only fix I found was to enable the Administrator account and run Acad from there. Note the account created when Win 7 was installed has administrator privileges but it is not the same as the sys admin. To enable the Administrator account:
- go to the Start Menu/All Programs/Accessories and RIGHT CLICK on Command Prompt.
- click on Run As Administrator (click Yes to run)
- type:
net user administrator /active:yes (hit enter, will confirm if successful)
- go to Control Panel/User Accounts/Manage Another Account
- the administrator account should show and you can set the password
- log off and then on as Administrator with the password you just set
- Win 7 will create your desktop and your AutoCAD installation should be there
- launch AutoCAD and test

Mine ran under the Administrator account even though it was crashing in my user account. Anyway, I fought with this for a long time and this worked for me. If you run into any troubles with the Windows setup procedures, just Google the topic before asking questions. It's where I learned. The only thing I contributed is actually trying to run logged in as Administrator.

No idea if it works for other versions of AutoCAD.

Good luck!

Kev
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AdamG8GXP
in reply to: calgarykevvy

Thanks. Man Happy That worked for my Autocad 2002. I was getting "FATAL ERROR: unhandled e06d7363h Exception at 7500b760h" error and crash right after starting Autocad.

I am running Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit.

Message 3 of 3
drvyts
in reply to: calgarykevvy

doesn't work on MDT 2009

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report