AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select Shape File - Simplex.shx

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
nat99
2694 Views, 4 Replies

Select Shape File - Simplex.shx

We have a drawing that when you open it, it pops-up the dialogue box Select Shape File (see attachment). What is strange to me is that it is asking for the Simple.shx which is one of the most basic font that Autocad uses. I am also pretty sure that we have that font in our directory.

Can anybody tell me why is this happening?

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: nat99

It's most likely looking for a custom font named the same as the basic font: ask the file creator/sendor (or content provider you took content from) to provide you with the missing shape font file. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 14:38:00 GMT, nat99 wrote: >We have a drawing that when you open it, it pops-up the dialogue box Select Shape File (see attachment). What is strange to me is that it is asking for the Simple.shx which is one of the most basic font that Autocad uses. I am also pretty sure that we have that font in our directory. > >Can anybody tell me why is this happening? This is because it cannot find a font/shape file needed. The first thing you need to establish is what it is looking for. It could be looking for a font or a big font or a shape. If you press F2 and review the text screen it should tell you what it was looking for. The reason why SIMPLEX is suggested is because it is generally the default substituted font.
Message 4 of 5
nat99

The only way I can open the file is if I click Cancel on that dialogue box that pops-up when I start the drawing.

I press F2 just after I clicked on Cancel (I pasted the result below and see if you can see what should be done).

When should I press F2 anyway?

Thanks for your reply.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Opening an AutoCAD 2000 format file.

simplex.shx is a normal text font file, not a shape file.

E:\itool\shx\FONT\simplex.shx is a normal text font file, not a shape file.

simplex.shx is a normal text font file, not a shape file.

E:\itool\shx\FONT\simplex.shx is a normal text font file, not a shape file.

Resolve Xref "04182.01-TB": E:\Drawings\2004\04182.01\ARCH\04182.01-TB.dwg
"04182.01-TB" loaded.

Resolve Xref "04182.01-EX_SITE":
E:\Drawings\2004\04182.01\ARCH\04182.01-EX_SITE.dwg
"04182.01-EX_SITE" loaded.
Regenerating layout.
Regenerating model.

AutoCAD Express Tools Copyright © 2000 Autodesk, Inc.

Loading S3E Klingemann Startup |...............Done
AutoCAD menu utilities loaded.
Copyright (c) 2000, Joon Hong All Rights Reserved.
Type 'rt' to rotate the text at the same angle of the selected object
VPLIM.lsp loaded. Enter VPL to execute
EditAttrib loaded. Type in EDAT to run.
Attribute Copy written by Clinton Cogswell....
AC (Attribute/copy) loaded. Start command with AC.
Type < CB > to execute.Regenerating layout.
Regenerating model.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 20:29:14 GMT, nat99 wrote: >The only way I can open the file is if I click Cancel on that dialogue box that pops-up when I start the drawing. > >I press F2 just after I clicked on Cancel (I pasted the result below and see if you can see what should be done). > >When should I press F2 anyway? You would have to have pressed F2 after the drawing loaded (which you did) ;-) >-------------------------------------------------------------- > >Opening an AutoCAD 2000 format file. > >simplex.shx is a normal text font file, not a shape file. So it is not a font file or a big font file that it is looking for but a shape file. Now this could be used on its own by running the SHAPE command, or the shapes could be part of a complex linetype. You could run the PURGE command and see if there are any shape files that can be purged. If the shape file is used by a complex linetype, then the linetype would first have to be purged and then the shape file unless you have the option to purge nested objects checked. If you cannot purge the shape file, then you would have to get the relevant shape file assuming the people you got the file from are permitted to distribute it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report