AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDI and MDE problem

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cadpro78
309 Views, 1 Reply

SDI and MDE problem

I have been having this problem with my SDI variable lately that permits me from opening more than one drawing in AutoCAD Land Desktop. Whenever I perform exactly what the 'Help' command recommends, I always get that was an invalid action response from the command prompt.

Here is the command line to my problem:

Command: sdi
Enter new value for SDI <3>: 0
The current setting for SDI is required by a loaded application.
Cannot set SDI to that value.
*Invalid*
Enter new value for SDI <3>: 1
The current setting for SDI is required by a loaded application.
Cannot set SDI to that value.
*Invalid*
Enter new value for SDI <3>: 2
Requires 0 or 1 only.
Enter new value for SDI <3>: sdi
Requires 0 or 1 only.
Enter new value for SDI <3>: 3
Requires 0 or 1 only.
(((IT WILL NOT LET ME ENTER ANYTHING BESIDES A 1 or A 2.)))

Can anyone help my dilemma??

Cadpro78
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: cadpro78

LDD does not permit Multiple Documents in the same session.......as the command line is telling you. It has always been this way. You CAN have Multiple doc's in Land Enabled Map, if that is what you want. -- Jeff check out www.cadvault.com "cadpro78" wrote in message news:30402128.1099681365015.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... >I have been having this problem with my SDI variable lately that permits me >from opening more than one drawing in AutoCAD Land Desktop. Whenever I >perform exactly what the 'Help' command recommends, I always get that was >an invalid action response from the command prompt. > > Here is the command line to my problem: > > Command: sdi > Enter new value for SDI <3>: 0 > The current setting for SDI is required by a loaded application. > Cannot set SDI to that value. > *Invalid* > Command: sdi > Enter new value for SDI <3>: 1 > The current setting for SDI is required by a loaded application. > Cannot set SDI to that value. > *Invalid* > Command: sdi > Enter new value for SDI <3>: 2 > Requires 0 or 1 only. > Enter new value for SDI <3>: sdi > Requires 0 or 1 only. > Enter new value for SDI <3>: 3 > Requires 0 or 1 only. > (((IT WILL NOT LET ME ENTER ANYTHING BESIDES A 1 or A 2.))) > > Can anyone help my dilemma?? > > Cadpro78

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report