AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
239 Views, 5 Replies

.JPG Image

I am using a .JPG image and I am drawing over it, but I had to turned off to plot, but when I turned on again it came over my lines, is there any way I could put my raster image in the background again? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

See the DRAWORDER command. Note: You must have the image's frame on in order to select it. IMAGEFRAME is the command to turn that on/off. ************************************************************** Please, DO NOT send technical requests to me via private e-mail ************************************************************** Tracy W. Lincoln Assistant Moderator - Autodesk Discussion Forums "Luis Andueza" wrote in message news:40250926_1@newsprd01... > I am using a .JPG image and I am drawing over it, but I had to turned off to > plot, but when I turned on again it came over my lines, is there any way I > could put my raster image in the background again? > > Any help will be greatly appreciated. > >
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Then you may have to "regen" periodically. "Tracy W. Lincoln" wrote in message news:40251ee1_3@newsprd01... > See the DRAWORDER command. > > Note: You must have the image's frame on in order to select it. IMAGEFRAME > is the command to turn that on/off. > > ************************************************************** > Please, DO NOT send technical requests to me via private e-mail > ************************************************************** > > Tracy W. Lincoln > Assistant Moderator - Autodesk Discussion Forums > > > "Luis Andueza" wrote in message > news:40250926_1@newsprd01... > > I am using a .JPG image and I am drawing over it, but I had to turned off > to > > plot, but when I turned on again it came over my lines, is there any way I > > could put my raster image in the background again? > > > > Any help will be greatly appreciated. > > > > > >
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Actually REGENALL (command Alias: REA) when if you are usinf modelspace & paperspace, and even then you might what to keep track of your LAYOUTREGENCTL with multiple Layouts. ************************************************************** Please, DO NOT send technical requests to me via private e-mail ************************************************************** Tracy W. Lincoln Assistant Moderator - Autodesk Discussion Forums "Tommy" wrote in message news:4027f8c0_1@newsprd01... > Then you may have to "regen" periodically.
Message 5 of 6
RickW

A trick I use for just this purpose (since DRAWORDER settings seem to want to change sometimes when you turn layers on and off) is to place my linework at a different elevation ("Z" origin) than the JPEG. In other words, when you generate the linework that is over the JPEG (which is at ELEVATION 0; set ELEVATION @ 6". This will guarantee that the linework will always be visible over the JPEG.
Message 6 of 6
dviator

that doesn't work for me. if i set the Z elevation for the JPG to -1, but set it to "front" using DRAWORDER, the lines above the image are still obscured by it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report