AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive

Reply
*BerkHolz, Steven
Message 1 of 7 (35 Views)

Is 2002 file comapible with 2000i?

35 Views, 6 Replies
06-18-2001 11:56 PM
Is 2002 file compatible with 2000i?



Thank you,

Steven BerkHolz
*Piercey, Jason
Message 2 of 7 (35 Views)

Re: Is 2002 file comapible with 2000i?

06-19-2001 12:05 AM in reply to: *BerkHolz, Steven
Read the Saveas post above.

-Jason

Steven BerkHolz wrote:
>
> Is 2002 file compatible with 2000i?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Steven BerkHolz
*Hurley, Shaan
Message 3 of 7 (35 Views)

Re: Is 2002 file comapible with 2000i?

06-19-2001 12:13 AM in reply to: *BerkHolz, Steven
Steven,

Yes, the DWG is compatible. AutoCAD 2002 uses the AutoCAD 2000 DWG.

Sincerely,

Shaan Hurley
Autodesk Beta Programs
http://betaprograms.autodesk.com


"Steven BerkHolz" wrote in message
news:f05c22b.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Is 2002 file compatible with 2000i?
>
>
>
> Thank you,
>
> Steven BerkHolz
>
>
>
*Saadallah, Dean
Message 4 of 7 (35 Views)

Re: Is 2002 file comapible with 2000i?

06-19-2001 01:14 AM in reply to: *BerkHolz, Steven
But you need an object enabler is you want to view the new DIMs offerings,
if used, in 2002.


--
Dean Saadallah
www.pendean.com

--
"Steven BerkHolz" wrote in message
news:f05c22b.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Is 2002 file compatible with 2000i?
>
>
>
> Thank you,
>
> Steven BerkHolz
>
>
>
*Hurley, Shaan
Message 5 of 7 (35 Views)

Re:

06-19-2001 01:31 AM in reply to: *BerkHolz, Steven
Dean,

You can view the new dimensions just fine without the enabler. The enabler
only eliminates the proxy alert and allows you to copy the dimensions from
one open drawing to another.

Sincerely,

Shaan Hurley
Autodesk Beta Programs
http://betaprograms.autodesk.com

"Dean Saadallah" wrote in message
news:B9D78342E46FEC8A56B602A418AE35BB@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> But you need an object enabler is you want to view the new DIMs offerings,
> if used, in 2002.
>
>
> --
> Dean Saadallah
> www.pendean.com
>
> --
> "Steven BerkHolz" wrote in message
> news:f05c22b.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Is 2002 file compatible with 2000i?
> >
> >
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Steven BerkHolz
> >
> >
> >
>
>
*Saadallah, Dean
Message 6 of 7 (35 Views)

Re:

06-19-2001 03:05 AM in reply to: *BerkHolz, Steven
Shaan,

I just want you to repeat it whenever 2002 and 2000 file compatibility comes
up and you reply. Just like you would when the vertical market AutoCAD
products and plain AutoCAD compatibility questions come up (you need an
enabler for them for the same reason). Most of us opening AutoCAD files do
more than just 'view' for a living.

Otherwise, keep up the good work here. You do an excellent job.


--
Dean Saadallah
www.pendean.com

--


"Shaan Hurley" wrote in message
news:AA766E318FD080A51DCFE506CA0FE419@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Dean,
>
> You can view the new dimensions just fine without the enabler. The enabler
> only eliminates the proxy alert and allows you to copy the dimensions from
> one open drawing to another.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Shaan Hurley
> Autodesk Beta Programs
> http://betaprograms.autodesk.com
>
> "Dean Saadallah" wrote in message
> news:B9D78342E46FEC8A56B602A418AE35BB@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > But you need an object enabler is you want to view the new DIMs
offerings,
> > if used, in 2002.
> >
> >
> > --
> > Dean Saadallah
> > www.pendean.com
> >
> > --
> > "Steven BerkHolz" wrote in message
> > news:f05c22b.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > Is 2002 file compatible with 2000i?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > >
> > > Steven BerkHolz
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
*Hurley, Shaan
Message 7 of 7 (35 Views)

Re:

06-19-2001 03:15 AM in reply to: *BerkHolz, Steven
Dean,

The only case if copy and past to an open drawing otherwise working and
editing will be fine. If you change/alter the dimension and then re-open the
DWG in 2002 it will have lost the new associative dimension but legacy
associativity DIMASO is maintained. I fully understand what people do with
drawings . You too keep up the great work.

Cheers,
-Shaan


"Dean Saadallah" wrote in message
news:7442A05C4FC51673046F70F0D0C9A9CA@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Shaan,
>
> I just want you to repeat it whenever 2002 and 2000 file compatibility
comes
> up and you reply. Just like you would when the vertical market AutoCAD
> products and plain AutoCAD compatibility questions come up (you need an
> enabler for them for the same reason). Most of us opening AutoCAD files do
> more than just 'view' for a living.
>
> Otherwise, keep up the good work here. You do an excellent job.
>
>
> --
> Dean Saadallah
> www.pendean.com
>
> --
>
>
> "Shaan Hurley" wrote in message
> news:AA766E318FD080A51DCFE506CA0FE419@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Dean,
> >
> > You can view the new dimensions just fine without the enabler. The
enabler
> > only eliminates the proxy alert and allows you to copy the dimensions
from
> > one open drawing to another.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Shaan Hurley
> > Autodesk Beta Programs
> > http://betaprograms.autodesk.com
> >
> > "Dean Saadallah" wrote in message
> > news:B9D78342E46FEC8A56B602A418AE35BB@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > But you need an object enabler is you want to view the new DIMs
> offerings,
> > > if used, in 2002.
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > Dean Saadallah
> > > www.pendean.com
> > >
> > > --
> > > "Steven BerkHolz" wrote in message
> > > news:f05c22b.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > > Is 2002 file compatible with 2000i?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Thank you,
> > > >
> > > > Steven BerkHolz
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community




Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube