AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! I can't seem see my dwt file when I insert it into a new page layout.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
craigers!!
2313 Views, 5 Replies

Help!! I can't seem see my dwt file when I insert it into a new page layout.

Hi,

I created a new title block and saved it as a DWG file. I also saved it as a DWT file in my template folder. For some reason when I go to a new drawing and click on layout one and right click and select from template and I go select my titlebloock template it shows a preview but when I select to use it, it does not show up on my new layout tab. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: craigers!!

Do you need to thaw/turn on that layer?

Did you create the titleblock in modelspace, or paperspace, in the template file?

Message 3 of 6
craigers!!
in reply to: pendean

I checked all of the layers and everyone is thawed and turned on. Titleblock was created in model space and then saved as a template file.

Message 4 of 6
pendean

Anything drawn in modelspace will not appear in paperspace with the method you used.

The method you used requires the content to be drawn in paperspace in the template file, or you also need to INSERT the modelspace content after you copy over the template's empty layout tab.

Message 5 of 6
craigers!!
in reply to: pendean

Thanks, for the info, so if i open up the dwg and draw the titleblock in paper space and save it as a dwt file in the templates folder that should work?

Message 6 of 6
pendean

yes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report