AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FATAL ERROR message - Oxffffffff Exception

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Neater
624 Views, 2 Replies

FATAL ERROR message - Oxffffffff Exception

Hi all, hope you are enjoying the new year.
I have had this problem with, when I attempt to save a drawing, this message appears:
FATAL ERROR Unhandled violation Reading Oxffffffff Exception at 6c3eb18dh.
I have AutoCAD 2000 with Windows '98. The error seems to happen after I complete a hatch (any hatch pattern), zoom extents, and save it. I think it is related to the images in the titlebock we're using as, when it attempts to save, the images cannot be seen.
These images are inserted via "paste special" (windows metafile) and seem to be relatively unstable after being inserted into a drawing, ie: they get thrown out of the titleblock after working in the file for a while.
Has anyone experienced this and/or have a solution? Very much appreciated as it is frustrating. Thanks in advance.
Andy.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
daisy
in reply to: Neater

I'm getting a similar message. But I can't even open AutoCAD: "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0xffffffff Exception at 6e3c53h." I've read articles from the knowledge base, but none seems to apply (maybe they can help you). Then I "reinstalled/repaired" AutoCAD. That didn't work so I removed my Nero Burning Rom, just on the off chance that it was somehow in conflict with AutoCAD. I too am very frustrated. I hope there is a real expert (compared to me)out there who can help. Thanks in advance from me too.
Daisy
Message 3 of 3
Neater
in reply to: Neater

Thanks for the reply, Daisy. Just a bit of a dilemma, hey? Well, I guess the only thing we got from this is that we are not alone. I have almost accepted the fact that I have to shut down and restart AutoCAD all the time and lose a bit of time. What a (edited)! But, as the great band TOOL say - this may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. I just didn't want to get used to this. Thanks again, Daisy. Kind regards,
Andy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report