AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FATAL ERROR: All of the possible directiries for storing temporary files either

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
b-good
2222 Views, 4 Replies

FATAL ERROR: All of the possible directiries for storing temporary files either

I am using the last version of AutoCAD I purchased before retirement, version 2002. Vista operating system, all ran well before my computer crashed months ago. Now I am getting a "FATAL ERROR: All of the possible directories for storing temporary files either do not exist or are read only. Please correct this situation before running AutoCAD again." I found this phrase in the knowledge base. It said to search for the "temporary folders" using Explorer. then to right-click on properties and uncheck the read-only box. I did this but AutoCAD still will not run without getting a FATAL ERROR. I tried the repair function of the add/remove programs in the Control Panel, but that didn't work either. I am considering removing AutoCAD from my system and reinstalling it, but I'm concerned that I may be making a worse problem for myself.
bg
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: b-good

Your Windows log-in may be were the limitations are: you still running Vista or did you "upgrade" Windows?

Message 3 of 5
b-good
in reply to: pendean

I am still using Vista.

bg
Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: b-good

Are you the primary log-in /Administrator on the PC? Or are you using and 'extra' log-in that is not the primary?

Can you get into your Programs Folder on the C drive without extra effort?
Can you get into your Windows Profile folders without extra effort?

Use the link below from other users with the same problem and see if any of their tips or fixes work for you:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/u/gsearch/results?siteID=123112&catID=123155&id=2088334&qt=FATA...

Message 5 of 5
b-good
in reply to: pendean

Are you the primary log-in /Administrator on the PC? Or are you using and 'extra' log-in that is not the primary?

I am the only one that uses or ever has used the computer since I purchased it from Dell several years ago.  It is not password protected when you turn on the computer I click on the "administrator" button to finish the boot up.

Can you get into your Programs Folder on the C drive without extra effort?

Yes

Can you get into your Windows Profile folders without extra effort?

I'm not sure what this is???

Use the link below from other users with the same problem and see if any of their tips or fixes work for you:

I will try.  Then I think I will uninstall AutoCAD and reinstall it and see if that builds the "temp" folders they are talking about.

bg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report