AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive

Reply
*Romkey, Shawn
Message 1 of 5 (61 Views)

Colours are screwy??

61 Views, 4 Replies
09-28-2000 06:47 AM
To all

The acad 2000i files I have are made up of a lot of polyface meshes. THese
meshes are all on the same layer but are many different colours. The
problem is that when I shade the view the system seems to take random colour
and apply them to the mesh? Any idea why this might happen? I looked at
the property of the entities but there is nothing there to indicate the
shade colour (it seems random).

Any help greatly appreciated!

Shawn Romkey
Noranda Mining
*Andjam, Nik
Message 2 of 5 (61 Views)

Re: Colours are screwy??

09-28-2000 09:32 AM in reply to: *Romkey, Shawn
are the faces at different angles in space ? when you shade objects autocad
will generate a light source for the scene and the way the light source hits
objects at different angles the reflecting color changes even if you have
two objects of the same color

"Shawn Romkey" wrote in message
news:A0978F97ECA28887819CA14944370E61@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> To all
>
> The acad 2000i files I have are made up of a lot of polyface meshes.
THese
> meshes are all on the same layer but are many different colours. The
> problem is that when I shade the view the system seems to take random
colour
> and apply them to the mesh? Any idea why this might happen? I looked at
> the property of the entities but there is nothing there to indicate the
> shade colour (it seems random).
>
> Any help greatly appreciated!
>
> Shawn Romkey
> Noranda Mining
>
*Romkey, Shawn
Message 3 of 5 (61 Views)

Re:

09-28-2000 09:54 AM in reply to: *Romkey, Shawn
Nik

Thanks for the reply, I never thought of that but....

that ain't it. All the meshes are planar (I checked to make sure). Any
other ideas, I'm running on empty?

Shawn

Nik Andjam wrote in message
news:C11DDFD9108072DFDF5809E9C1E0D529@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> are the faces at different angles in space ? when you shade objects
autocad
> will generate a light source for the scene and the way the light source
hits
> objects at different angles the reflecting color changes even if you have
> two objects of the same color
>
> "Shawn Romkey" wrote in message
> news:A0978F97ECA28887819CA14944370E61@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> > To all
> >
> > The acad 2000i files I have are made up of a lot of polyface meshes.
> THese
> > meshes are all on the same layer but are many different colours. The
> > problem is that when I shade the view the system seems to take random
> colour
> > and apply them to the mesh? Any idea why this might happen? I looked
at
> > the property of the entities but there is nothing there to indicate the
> > shade colour (it seems random).
> >
> > Any help greatly appreciated!
> >
> > Shawn Romkey
> > Noranda Mining
> >
>
*Andjam, Nik
Message 4 of 5 (61 Views)

Re:

09-28-2000 10:25 AM in reply to: *Romkey, Shawn
as mentioned in the other post , why don't you try going over them with the
"solid" command

i had a similar problem couple years back getting drawings from archicad ,
and the color coding that archicad had done didn't come over correctly
(neither did the text) and the only solution was going over , the way i
understand your problem seems that your only solution to accomplish what you
need is "solid"

good luck

"Shawn Romkey" wrote in message
news:98E6B2817F8EAE808959B50687679245@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> Nik
>
> Thanks for the reply, I never thought of that but....
>
> that ain't it. All the meshes are planar (I checked to make sure). Any
> other ideas, I'm running on empty?
>
> Shawn
>
> Nik Andjam wrote in message
> news:C11DDFD9108072DFDF5809E9C1E0D529@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> > are the faces at different angles in space ? when you shade objects
> autocad
> > will generate a light source for the scene and the way the light source
> hits
> > objects at different angles the reflecting color changes even if you
have
> > two objects of the same color
> >
> > "Shawn Romkey" wrote in message
> > news:A0978F97ECA28887819CA14944370E61@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> > > To all
> > >
> > > The acad 2000i files I have are made up of a lot of polyface meshes.
> > THese
> > > meshes are all on the same layer but are many different colours. The
> > > problem is that when I shade the view the system seems to take random
> > colour
> > > and apply them to the mesh? Any idea why this might happen? I looked
> at
> > > the property of the entities but there is nothing there to indicate
the
> > > shade colour (it seems random).
> > >
> > > Any help greatly appreciated!
> > >
> > > Shawn Romkey
> > > Noranda Mining
> > >
> >
>
*Romkey, Shawn
Message 5 of 5 (61 Views)

Re:

09-28-2000 11:00 AM in reply to: *Romkey, Shawn
Thanks Nik

That was my conclusion as well, I was hoping someone had a solution. Oh
well back to coding!

Later

Shawn

Nik Andjam wrote in message
news:9AAC09FB87D49A9C531F8C61D79A6191@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> as mentioned in the other post , why don't you try going over them with
the
> "solid" command
>
> i had a similar problem couple years back getting drawings from archicad ,
> and the color coding that archicad had done didn't come over correctly
> (neither did the text) and the only solution was going over , the way i
> understand your problem seems that your only solution to accomplish what
you
> need is "solid"
>
> good luck
>
> "Shawn Romkey" wrote in message
> news:98E6B2817F8EAE808959B50687679245@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> > Nik
> >
> > Thanks for the reply, I never thought of that but....
> >
> > that ain't it. All the meshes are planar (I checked to make sure). Any
> > other ideas, I'm running on empty?
> >
> > Shawn
> >
> > Nik Andjam wrote in message
> > news:C11DDFD9108072DFDF5809E9C1E0D529@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> > > are the faces at different angles in space ? when you shade objects
> > autocad
> > > will generate a light source for the scene and the way the light
source
> > hits
> > > objects at different angles the reflecting color changes even if you
> have
> > > two objects of the same color
> > >
> > > "Shawn Romkey" wrote in message
> > > news:A0978F97ECA28887819CA14944370E61@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> > > > To all
> > > >
> > > > The acad 2000i files I have are made up of a lot of polyface meshes.
> > > THese
> > > > meshes are all on the same layer but are many different colours.
The
> > > > problem is that when I shade the view the system seems to take
random
> > > colour
> > > > and apply them to the mesh? Any idea why this might happen? I
looked
> > at
> > > > the property of the entities but there is nothing there to indicate
> the
> > > > shade colour (it seems random).
> > > >
> > > > Any help greatly appreciated!
> > > >
> > > > Shawn Romkey
> > > > Noranda Mining
> > > >
> > >
> >
>

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community




Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube