Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the 360 difference and deleting a project?

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
raangle
1015 Views, 22 Replies

What is the 360 difference and deleting a project?

What is the difference or point of New Autodesk 360 and the old one what also is linked to a drive on my computer?

Second, how do you delete a prouect out of the new Autodesk 360, for example the Autodesk 360 Expereince Project?

Allen

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
Antonio_Licon
in reply to: raangle

Hi Allen-
This video tells you a bit about the new 360:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9KusoDT1k0&list=UURnX4Yc585eRTj4UvNkBM8w&feature=c4-overview

The Tech Preview is not yet connected to a drive on your computer.

I'm looking into the 'delete a project' feature...

Thanks,

Tony
Antonio Licon
Product Manager, Autodesk 360 Customer Success
Message 3 of 23

Hi Allen-

If you are the creator of a project, you can deactivate it from the project tab:

deactivate project.JPG

I am still looking into whether or not you can remove a project from your list if you are not the owner.

Thanks,

Tony

Antonio Licon
Message 4 of 23

If you want to remove a project from your listing that you did not create, you can 'leave' the project from within the project tab menu:

leave project.JPG

Hope this helps!

Tony

Antonio Licon
Message 5 of 23
raangle
in reply to: Antonio_Licon

Yes I watched the video, but wasn't most of that what the old Autodesk 360 did?  Why use one over the other, just the better UI?  Will the old one go away?  Will the new eventually be linked to the desktop drive?

The sample project I can leave, but don't have permisssion to leave.

Allen

Message 6 of 23
Antonio_Licon

That sounds like a bug to me (permissions message). I've reported it to the development team.

Regarding the difference, I think there is more of a focus on Project based collaboration. There will certainly be features available in the Tech Preview that do not exist in the 'old 360'.

I don't know for certain if or when the old one will go away. I think part of the purpose of the Tech Preview is to get feedback from users like yourself on the direction you would like to see this go.

Thanks for providing this feedback, and keep the questions and comments coming!

Tony
Antonio Licon
Message 7 of 23
raangle

Well I am glad I sent the screen shot showing the permission messgae then.

Yes it does seem the New Autodesk 360 is more project based instead of just an Autodesk version of Box or Dropbox.  So that I like.

It had more features like Buzzsaw associated with it that would be great do, I also need to review how reviewing model files with 360 works, hopefully better than the old version.

One last question, I think maybe my iPad is associated with or is the old version, is their an iPad app for the new Autodesk 360?

Thanks for your time today.

Allen

Message 8 of 23

Hi Allen,

Thanks for the update on your post. For mobile there is an existing Autodesk 360 mobile, but it's not tied into the Autodesk Tech Preview. If you have not used the current mobile version in a while you may want to check it out.

If you are interested in seeing a mobile version that is linked to the tech preview can you post that to the Idea Station in this section? Let us know what you would like to see in the mobile version.

Thanks again for the great feedback and we look forward to seeing your mobile post in the idea station.

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 9 of 23

Yes I am not a fan of the current Autodesk 360 mobile app, I perfer the old Design Review mobile app better.  The 360 app has limted data transfer from with in the model to 360 and Navisworks models don't work for viewing.  I spoke to staff at AU about the Navis issue 2 years ago and nothing has changed.  It's more of glorifed Dropbox app with some limited viewing.

I will pass on the comment of creating a mobile app for the Autodesk Tech Preview.

Thanks,

Allen

Message 10 of 23
raangle

Actually I don't find a location to post Ideas for Autodesk Tech Preview on the Ideas page.  Can you provide a link?

Allen

Message 11 of 23
Antonio_Licon

Hi Allen-

Try this link: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-360-Tech-Preview/idb-p/3014

Tony
Antonio Licon
Message 12 of 23
reeses

Hi raangle,

We are building a new A360 Mobile App.  I would love to show it to you and get your perspective on it.  

Contact me and I will put you in touch with the right folks to get some insight into it if you are interested.

Thanks,
Scott

Message 13 of 23

Hi Allen Tony and Scott,

Tony thanks for posting the link tot the Idea Station and Scott for offering to help out with the Mobile app.

Allen,

I have been running our Mobile BETA Programs and just forwarded your contact information to the team. If you are not a member of the BETA Programs send me some eMAIL and I can tell you how to sign up. You can send it to bud.schroeder@autodesk.com

Also please let us know once you have posted your idea about what you want to see with a new mobile app and we can share that with the team as well.

Thanks again for posting your comments and what you would you think of the Tech Preview. Keep those comments coming in, we are very excited to hear what every one is thinking about the new Tech Preview. Also let us know once you posted you would like to see for the mobile app and we can share that as well.

Here is the link again for the Idea Station.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-360-Tech-Preview/idb-p/3014

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 14 of 23

I have emaild Bud back, do I need to do the same for you Scott?  

If so I need an email address.

Thanks for all the follow up.

Sorry for the delay, been traveling.

Allen

Message 15 of 23

Hi Allen,

No need, I have shared the information with the team.

Hope this helps and please share with us more about how it's going using the Tech Preview.

Thanks

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 16 of 23
masureb

Hello,

another question related to the "project A360 experience": how could we reactivate the project?

13-02-2015 14-24-20.png

Cheers,

-Bertrand

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 17 of 23

Hello Bertrand,

Are you using the Tech Preview? I have not looked at this in a while, but I just checked and it looks like we don't let you deactivate this project, so there would be nothing to re activate.

Let me know if this helps and thanks for posting your question to the forum.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 18 of 23

Hello Bud,

I'am using the one provided on fusion 360 which is my hub ...

https://myhub.autodesk360.com/portal/groups/?filter=deactivated

The fact is than I've deactivate the project for demopurpose and then I could not reactivate it... It's quite annoying me because I could find some good resource inside the Autodesk 360 Experience Project 😉

Any ideas to get it back ?

Cheers,

-Bertrand MASURE

Autodesk

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 19 of 23

Hi Bertrand,

I will look into this and see what I can find out. Send me an eMAIL and we can go from there.

For future questions be sure to post on the Internal A360 site, the Lithium forums are not for internal use, but external use.

Thanks
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 20 of 23
Chad-Smith

Antonio, I can't figure out why I can't leave the 'Autodesk 360 Experience' project.

a360-experience.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report