Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translation failed is annoying, why is this?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ukdxb012
416 Views, 2 Replies

Translation failed is annoying, why is this?

Hi,

We seem to be experiencing a lot of Revit models failing to translate so they can be viewed on Autodesk 360 Tech Preview, can anyone explain why this is please. Is it the process, the file, server issues etc.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mary_Morse
in reply to: ukdxb012

Hi Duncan-

Fair question, we have seen several revit file failures recently.  As you probably know, we very recently added support for Revit and NWD files, and there are still some things to work out.  I've reached out to the Revit team to see if we can post anything that can help you and other users know what should work and what we might need more time to improve.  I'll let you know what I get back from them.  It's a holiday tomorrow, so it may be Monday before I hear back, but I will post something as soon as I hear.

Have a great looong weekend!

Mary Morse
Sr Manager, A360 Customer Success
Message 3 of 3
Mary_Morse
in reply to: Mary_Morse

Hi Duncan-

I heard back from the Revit team.  We only very recently added support for RVT files to the Tech Preview (Beta quality), and we need more time to iron out the issues we are seeing with Revit files.  When we get users to share their Revit data sets that fail with us, the Revit team can investigate each failure and work on a solution.  I know it's not what everyone wants to hear, but we will continue to work out the issues as we discover them.

Keep experimenting, keep posting, it all helps us make a better app!

Mary Morse
Sr Manager, A360 Customer Success

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report