Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time zones and event notifications

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
scatrell
436 Views, 11 Replies

Time zones and event notifications

I created a couple of meeting events for a particular project. I have my time zone set as Eastern (US/Michigan). I had to find that and change it after I created an event for a different project a few weeks ago. That should be part of the profile setup. Or it should default to whatever the time zone of the computer you're using is.

When I asked my collegue if he received an email notification, he said he didn't. (I received one for the event I created and was able to save it to my Outlook calendar.) So he logged on to the project page and saw the event in the dashboard/feed. I immediately noticed that the time was wrong. Instead of it being 01:30 pm - 03:30 pm ... US/Michigan, it was listed as 05:30 pm - 07:30 pm ... UTC. I showed him how to change his time zone in his profile settings so it matched mine. When we went back to the project page, the event was now listed as 05:30 pm - 07:30 pm ... US/Michigan. He refreshed his browser, no change. He signed out and back in again, no change.

Any thoughts on this problem? I'm betting if he's having problems with it, other members of the project will too.

Also, why didn't he receive an email notification of the event? While looking at his profile settings, we saw that everything was checked for notifications.

Thank you,

Steve

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Hi Steve,

Thanks for posting the question. I want to re read this and see if we can reproduce this.

Can you tell us what browser version you are using and your college is using? We may post back more questions a little later after we try this out.

Thanks again for posting the question and let us know more about the browser versions you guys are using.

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 12

I go back and forth between IE and Firefox. Today I was using IE.

He uses both Chrome and IE. Today he was using Chrome.

Another detail to add:

I made a comment on the event letting people know the correct time and the time zone issue. He received an email notification and an alert in Tech Preview.

Message 4 of 12

Hi Steve,

For the alerts can you check the Project to see that following is enabled?   Go to the project and then hover over it with your mouse.  That should bring up the project information.  On the left side you will see a bell and "Following"  Click on that.  By default you should see "Recieve feed" checked, but "Recieve alerts" unchecked. Try checking the "Recieve alerts" to see if that helps for that part. 

Thanks and will get back to  you on the time zones question.  

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 5 of 12

Bud,

Both of our settings were as you show in the images as default. We changed both of ours to receive everythin and I created a test event to see what happens.

He then received both an email and an alert for the test event.

However, the time zone was still wrong.

Steve

Message 6 of 12

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the update that the check box fixed the notifications for you. I did a test with my co worker Tony yesterday and we reproduced the Time zone issue. We have sent that on to the QA Team and they are investigating it and will get back to us.

Just wanted to let you know we have not forgotten and are looking into it.

Thanks
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 7 of 12

Bud,

Thanks for the follow up. Please let me know when a solution is found.

Thanks again,
Steve
Message 8 of 12
scatrell
in reply to: scatrell

Hi Bud,

Any word on this issue? I just ran into it again when I was invited to a meeting.

Looking through my profile settings, I see there are many, many, many options for Eastern Standard Time. Could part of the reason be there are too many options? Other than those areas that don't observe daylight savings time, I think one would be enough. Most people know what their time zone is. And if you're scheduling a meeting somewhere else, it's easy enough to go online and search for the time zone/location in question.

Thanks,

Steve

Message 9 of 12

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reminder. I will ping the tester to what the status is. They are aware of this issue though, so it may be like this until we are able to push out a new update.

Thanks again for the followup.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Steve,

More of an FYI, but the team is aware of it but no ETA on resolving this yet.

Thanks again for all the great feedback.

Message 11 of 12
Swathi_Vadlamani
in reply to: scatrell

Hi Steve,

Thanks for checking in with us on the timezone issue. We have priortized this issue and escalated. The team started working on it. WIll keep you posted when the fix is available. Appreciate your patience and sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for understanding!

Thanks,

Swathi Vadlamani
Autodesk 360 Web
Message 12 of 12
scatrell
in reply to: Swathi_Vadlamani

Thank you for the follow up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report