Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEAR: Can't delete

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
417 Views, 2 Replies

GEAR: Can't delete

Hi all.

I'm new to Softimage, just got it last week (2013 SP1 64-bit). It seems everybody praises GEAR as a rigging tool so I've been looking into it for a couple of days now. Everything seems to go nicely, but for some reason I can't delete some guide parts. I mean for instance if I make adjustments to the right arm and then want to duplicate it, I'll try to delete the left arm to make room for the duplicate, but it just won't go away. If I select everything in the arm and keep hitting delete, some things will be removed, but pretty much none of the nulls will (the big red and yellow ones). If I select the top null in the chain and hit delete, nothing happens.

I can't understand what I'm doing wrong here. In all the tutorials it seems you just select the top null and hit delete. Please help.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Grahame_Fuller
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to branch-select (middle mouse button) a hierarchy to delete it. If you simply select one or more objects in a hierarchy with the left mouse button and press Delete, they get replaced by nulls with the same names to preserve the hierarchy. And if the objects were nulls to begin with, it looks like nothing is happening.

Grahame Fuller
Learning Content Developer
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you, everything works great now. I'm sure Jerémé said it in the tutorials and I just missed it. That guy moves too fast for me sometimes 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report