Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FaceRobot Mocap Problem

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Maccattack91
351 Views, 0 Replies

FaceRobot Mocap Problem

PLEASE ANYBODY HELP ME

so ive rigged a face got it all looking great etc

ive recorded and cleaned face mocap to the specifications of face robot.

ive created the name maps required for facerobot to read the mocap data.

ive applied my mocap data to my head in facerobot and everything was running great no problems, i had keyed in all the fixes the eye lids and mouth needed.

All was ok until i saved the scene and reopened the softimage scene, it wasnt reading the mocap FACIAL data anymore, it was reading the head tranlation/rotation not the face.

I though it would be ok for me to re-apply the mocap, so i did and it worked it was recognizing the facial mocap data but by re-applying the mocap data it had erased all my keyframed animation.

To make sure it wasn't just my face mocap i resorted back to using the provided ROM that comes with softimage, i applied the ROM, saved and reopened the scene and it was losing the facial animation just like it did for my mocap.

i have no idea why this is doing this so can anybody HELP ME ; ;. this is a huge thorn in my side.

EDIT: For some reason it doesnt like the fact i was re-using the face robot controls to affect another object, i had the neck controls affecting a separate t-shirt object aswell as the head, when i deleted it out of the scene, saved and reopened the scene the face mocap was registering correctly.... hmmmmmmm talk about fragile, any suggestions??
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report